Chapter 5: Dangerous Games

Just as Isabella and Miguel were piecing together the puzzle of Antonio's past, a chilling threat emerged. Blair, her obsession with Miguel turning into a dangerous fixation, decided to confront Isabella.

One gloomy afternoon, as Isabella was leaving school, Blair cornered her in a deserted hallway. "Stay away from Miguel," she hissed, her eyes flashing with rage. "Or you'll regret it."

Isabella, taken aback, tried to keep her voice steady. "Blair, you've got it all wrong. Miguel and I..."

But Blair cut her off, her voice a venomous whisper. "I don't care. Break up with him, or I'll... I'll kill you."

Isabella was stunned. She had known Blair was obsessed with Miguel, but she hadn't realized the depth of her desperation. Fear gripped her, but she knew she couldn't let Blair's threat deter her. She had to inform Miguel.

When she relayed the threat to Miguel, his reaction was immediate and fierce. "Blair can't threaten you like this," he said, his fists clenched. "We need to report this."

But Isabella hesitated. "What if reporting Blair jeopardizes our investigation? She might suspect we're onto something."

Caught in a dangerous game, they found themselves torn between their quest to uncover their shared past and the immediate threat from Blair. They had to make a decision, and they had to make it fast.