Chapter 10: Confessions and Interruptions

After the painful misunderstanding with Miguel, Isabella found herself at a crossroads. Her heart ached with unspoken feelings, and she realized she couldn't keep them hidden any longer. She decided to confess her feelings to Miguel.

One day, she asked Miguel to meet her under their favorite mango tree. "I need to talk to you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Miguel agreed, although his demeanor was still distant. "What is it, Isabella?" he asked, his voice guarded.

Isabella took a deep breath, her heart pounding in her chest. "I need to tell you something," she said, her voice trembling slightly. "I... I have feelings for you, Miguel."

Miguel was taken aback. He looked at Isabella, his eyes wide with surprise. "What?" he managed to say, his mind struggling to process the revelation.

Isabella nodded, her eyes welling up with tears. "I didn't realize it at first," she confessed. "But when you started distancing yourself, I felt... I felt like I was losing something important. And that's when I realized that I... I love you, Miguel."

Before Miguel could respond, Blair suddenly appeared. "What's going on here?" she demanded, her eyes darting between Isabella and Miguel.

Isabella was startled, her confession hanging in the air. Miguel was silent, his eyes reflecting a mix of emotions.

Blair, sensing the tension, quickly changed the topic. "I found something about Antonio," she said, holding up an old photograph. "I think you should see this."

The moment was interrupted, leaving Isabella's confession and Miguel's response hanging in the balance.