News

"Sir Crocodile. Here is today's private newspaper." Daz Bones entered the main office of the Cross Guild to deliver the newspaper as usual. The man found no surprise to see a pile of colorful body parts mixed between blue and red spread over the floor of none other than Buggy the clown who was crying for mercy from the ex-Warlord.

Crocodile stopped punishing the clown and took the newspaper, he took a quick glance at today's headline and some others, grimacing when he discovered that the government had ordered cloning out of the seven Warlords "Those bastards..." The ex-Warlord growled "They cannot control us so they thought of making a clone of ourselves, and by Vegapunk himself."

"Should we do something, sir?" Daz Bones asked beside the man.

"No. At least not right now." Crocodile took in a breath of smoke from the cigar in his hand as he flipped the pages "But I will need information about these Seraphim in case we have to fight them in the future. Huh? What is this?" Another headline caught Crocodile's attention because it was as big as the announcement of the Seraphim. However, it was not taken from the Egghead island and its review lack of details brought him suspicions.

The blurred picture showed that someone or something currently dragged one of the Seraphim along them, escaped from Egghead and the CP0.

"That looks like kidnapping." Daz Bones couldn't help but comment.

"The government seems proud of the Seraphim's strength, stronger than the CP0, they said. I doubt that some idiots are wanting to kidnap one of the Seraphim." Crocodile's brows knitted together as he took a better look at the picture "Hey Hawkeye. Are you able to identify what this glimpse looks like?"

"Sir, Dracule left just a moment ago." Daz Bones stared at the opened door, showing that the swordsman was clearly left in a hurry.

"Where could he go, I wonder."

—--------

The Witch Forest.

Mihawk fastened his steps towards the witch's castle, the moment he saw the picture of something that took away one of the Seraphim, he had no doubt that it was his mentor, the witch of the wood, Yidhra. His eyes would never deceive him but this time he hoped it did. He recognized the witch's form everywhere and as soon as he acknowledged that it was her, he wasted no time returning to the Witch castle, hoping that Yidhra didn't actually kidnap the Seraphim.

To Mihawk's disappointment, once he reached the castle's hall door, he could hear Yidhra's squealing noises from the other side of the door. Screw the manners, he decided to kick the door open with Yoru ready to unsheathed from his back only to be greeted with the sight of Yidhra dangling the Seraphim up high like a toddler. And how weird it was that the Seraphim didn't try to attack her, if anything, it seemed like it was enjoying her company.

"Ah, thou art back, dalta. Does something matter?" Yidhra noticed the swordsman's presence and stopped lifting the Seraphim. She hugged it and approached Mihawk with the Seraphim clinging close to her as it locked eyes with the swordsman with caution.

"It's a serious matter, mentor." Mihawk facepalmed himself after he had a clear observation of the Seraphim's face. Thanks to the secluded newspaper from Crocodile, the swordsman learned that Vegapunk had made clones out of them. It was nothing, Mihawk was fine if he ever had a clash with that clone of him. But what he couldn't expect was the picture of Yidhra kidnapping the Seraphim that looked like him!

And she was caught in the newspaper! Even if it was just the private news from Crocodile's network, she could still risk getting caught by others too!