Leap of Faith -9-

It took you and Aether longer to reach the end as you had to take your time defeating enemies. Then you guys had to fight enemies on ground which was quite the hassle. When you did make it to the location the two girls stood, Amber and Paimon greeted you with wide grins. "Nice! You breezed through it." The brunette complimented, "You guys are naturals. I knew you'd be fine. All that's left now is to grab ourselves a Raptor."

The four of you continued forwards, only stopping upon seeing a large gap between two platforms, the air devoid of any wind. Amber groaned. "It looks like there's no way across... Ugh, he must be around here somewhere."

You brought your head up and narrowed your eyes. "Yeah. Right here actually." You hissed, glaring at the silver haired male standing smugly on the other platform.

He smirked from beneath his mask. "If you insist on chasing me, so be it." He suddenly paused, eyes stopping on you. "...Huh? Who brought the Birdie?" Your eyes widened.

Luckily Amber stepped forwards with a harsh look. "You must be Raptor! You can't escape!" She declared loudly. Raptor tore his eyes away from you to look back at the Outrider. "Haha, I don't need to escape! There's no way you can make it over here."

Amber sweat dropped. "Oh... It is pretty high... and quite far..." She muttered nervously, staring into the void below her. Raptor snickered. "Oh, little girl, why don't you run along home now and let your leader deal with this? Don't worry, I promise that once the Grand Master gets here, I'll surrender immediately! Haha!" He laughed.

"Don't listen to him, Amber," you warned quickly, "if he got across, so can we." You reasoned. Amber's eyes perked up. "Ah, you're right!" She narrowed her eyes at Raptor again, "Hey, watch it! You're talking to a Knights of Favonius Outrider! You'll be sorry when I arrest you!"

"Let's examine our surroundings — just like you taught me." Aether suggested calmly. Amber, still unsure, nodded stiffly, "...Right. Ugh... He's right there in front of us... If only we could glide across." She grumbled.

Paimon put her hands on her hips. "So how did HE get across?" She questioned. "That's what we're trying to figure out. Some sort of mechanism?" Aether replied with a hand to his chin in thought. Amber shook her head, dismissing the thought. "I don't see a mechanism, and I have good eyesight. Besides, there's nowhere on the ledge that you could build one."

"Some kind of elemental magic?" You wondered aloud. Paimon perked up. "Aether, can you see anything with your Elemental Sight...? No? Oh, okay... Never mind..." She muttered in defeat.

Aether bit his lip. "A grappling hook, or spikes, or something?" He questioned in desperation. Paimon shook her head. "If it's too far to glide, it's definitely too far for anything like that." Amber nodded in agreement. "There's also no sign of an anchor point."

Having enough of your group trying to use a single brain cell, Raptor saluted to you all before running off into area behind him. "Bye-bye, kiddos..." Paimon slapped her cheeks with a shocked look. "Oh no! He's getting away!" She cried.

Amber grimaced. "We can't hesitate any longer. The only way to get across is to glide there." The pixie clasped her hands against her chest. "But... but..." She babbled hesitantly. Amber looked back at her with an easy grin. "Don't worry — I'm the Gliding Champion of Mondstadt, remember! If Raptor can do it, I can do it too."

Raptor smirked. "Oi, Outrider! You have less chance of surviving this than jumping off the Anemo God statue in Mondstadt without your wind glider! Haha!" You sent him a sharp glare. "Shut it!" You then turned back to Amber with a softer look. "I've got your back Amber. This will take some serious guts, but it's not completely impossible."