Results? -16-

The smell of roasted fish invaded your senses as you, Aether, and Paimon all approached Albedo who was lounging against a stone pillar with his arms crossed. Upon sensing your presence, he looked up. "That was fast!" He commented, eyes trained on the food, "Looking forward to tasting — I mean, testing — the results..."

Aether swiftly handed his fellow blonde the dish who gladly took it, tearing off a piece of the fish and popping it into his mouth in the process. His eyes lit up. "Mm! An average outcome experimentally, but you've really brought out the flavor. You seem well-versed in the science of gastronomy." He complimented.

Although, he deflated seconds later back into his matter-of-fact stance. "As far as the proliferation hypothesis is concerned, we've come up short. Seems like food presents the same headaches in your world as it does ours," he paused, "Unless... Could it be that the natural laws of this world are limiting your unique abilities?"

With pursed lips, Paimon gave him a blank look. "We just didn't know how to channel elemental power into the food. It's a little more complicated than adding herbs and spices, y'know!" She yelled.

Albedo nodded. "Not to worry, at least we put some food to good use, no need to feel disheartened. And here's your portion, enjoy! I can box it up if you like." The platinum blonde said as he passed you the dish. You smiled calmly. "Thank you, but it's pretty small. I'm sure we'll be able to finish in a second or less." You dropped your voice to a hushed whisper, "plus, you don't know about Paimon's black hole stomach."

Not hearing your last bit, Paimon swooped in and grabbed the dish excitedly. "Woohoo, thanks! Glad you were paying attention." The little pixie cheered. Aether chuckled. "You're Paimon's new favorite. It's not often that she gets this much attention." He joked causing you to stifle a laugh.

A small smile crossed the blue eyed male's face. "I can tell that you're good friends. Paimon was keeping an eye on you and your safety during the whole experiment. Not that Paimon would have been able to do much if things had gone wrong, but anyway..." He finished with a shrug.

With the fish falling from her mouth, Paimon gaped at the male's audacity. "Hey! You were being nice a second ago! But you do have tasty recipes, so Paimon forgives you." She debated with herself for a moment before nodding and smiling. "And you're right, we are good friends. You have good friends too, right? Good students?" The girl questioned with a tilted of the head.

Albedo blinked, seemingly surprised at the girl's words. "...Uh, yes! I'm fortunate too, I suppose. Anyway, moving on to the next experiment." He said hastily, "There are all manner of alchemical items here," he gestured towards his cave/lab, "keeping them in their proper place is a challenge at the best of times. A while ago, I had the misfortune of misplacing a batch. I managed to retrieve the majority, but two vials have been evading me: Anemo Crystalfly elemental extract and Electro Hypostasis powder."

Passing the plate back to him, Paimon narrowed his eyes at the blonde. "Paimon's barely finished eating and you want us to go gathering again?" She interrogated sharply. "Don't worry if you can't locate them. I was planning to replace them anyway, though finding them would save me the hassle. If you had, say, a "superpower," like night vision, or vibratory sensing, lost property would be a thing of the past. I must have dropped them somewhere in the area where you were looking just now.

Paimon clicked her tongue. "So... guess we'd better take a look?" She said slowly. Aether nodded and placed a hand to his chin. "There should be some elemental traces on the lost items." He noted. Paimon perked up. "Oh yeah! You could use Elemental Sight!"

Albedo tapped his chin. "Hmm, an interesting term... Compelling," he muttered to himself before looking back up, "See what you can find, I'll be over here."