Treasure Hunt -10-

"And here you are, a proper gliding manual for the hero of Mondstadt. Or... at least one of them of course," Jean added on quickly with a sweet smile as she passed you a thin packet of papers. You observed it, flipping through its thin pages before grinning. "Yup, this is definitely the real deal this time. Thanks, Jean."

The woman smiled. "Of course. Personally, I think it's very admirable that you'd still want the manual even after passing the exam. Congratulations, by the way, for getting your license." She said with a pleased tone.

It was early in the morning, a day after passing Amber's exam. You had just gotten breakfast with your favorite duo before Paimon reminded you to go get an actual copy of the manual. You obliged without any complaints, the Acting Grand Master gladly finding you one. Thankfully, she looked much better than the last time you saw her.

"By the way, I wanted to let you know our plan to take down three of the four temples will be in action today, this evening that is." A look of guilt and sadness crossed her face. "Unfortunately, I will be tied up with the efforts in Mondstadt. We simply cannot leave the city alone with the recent Stormterror attacks, especially with most of the head knights out. I deeply apologize. I know it was my plan, but I'm in between a Geo Slime and a hard place right now." She explained sorrowfully, a hand over her heart and her head down to emphasize her point.

You sighed and spun around, leaning your back against her desk. "You're so hard on yourself. It's a perfectly reasonable explanation. You really need a break." Suddenly your eyes widened at a thought, snapping your fingers victoriously. "Hey, I know! I'll bring you out to get Stick Honey Roast after all this is over. How's that sound?" You suggested with a smile. It was a Mondstadt classic after all.

Jean's face burned a bright red. "A-Ah! Really? W-Well, I feel it should be me treating you to something for all your help. Please, allow me to instead." She argued kindly.

Laughing, you grinned at her and crossed your arms. "You know it wouldn't kill you to let other people help you out. You've got a team for a reason - use it." You suggested easily.

The female looked hesitant before sighing, looking at you from beneath her eyelashes. "You can certainly be persuasive when you want to be. Alright. I agree to your date-!" She suddenly froze, face becoming red with realization and embarrassment. "I-I didn't mean to say that! Please - don't think lowly o—"

"Sure, if you'd like it to be. Alrighty then. See ya after we kick Stormterror's butt! I better go find Paimon and Aether to make sure the two of them don't get eaten by a Whooperflower." You moved off of the desk and sent her a wide smile and salute. "Bye!" You called before walking out the door, carefully shutting it behind you.

Jean stayed at her desk in disbelief, face still red all over. She blinked before picking up a few documents and hiding her face behind them, trying to contain a squeal.

~*~

You secured the gliding manual into one of your belt's mini bags, closing it with a snap. You were on your way back to the kitchen to reunite with Aether and Paimon when a small, murmuring voice caught your attention.

"This is bad... Such a hassle... What am I going to do..." The usually sly male's voice babbled out in worry. You looked over, catching Keaya leaning in the corner with his head down and his hand on his chin, slowly shaking his head.

You stared for a second before sighing, feet almost automatically taking you over. It wasn't that you disliked Keaya, it was more so that you were cautious around him. Despite his nonchalant and cool attitude, you knew he was smarter than he looked.

"What's wrong, Kaeya?" You asked, now in front of him, "You don't usually lose your chill." Keaya bright his head up and beamed at your presence. "Oh, thank the Thousand Winds! Y/N, your arrival must be the grace of the gods!" He cheered as if Barbatos had just descended upon Teyvat again. You simply raised an eyebrow.