The Alchemist and the Sister -14-

"Ah... After such a well rest and a great breakfast at the good hunter, Paimon's all pumped up for today!" The little fairy exclaimed as you and Aether leisurely walked the streets of Mondstadt. With all the temples that Stormterror - or Dvalin - had gotten his power from taken care of, you weren't exactly sure what the next step was in securing the nation's safety. In fact, you weren't even sure if it even involved you and Aether in it at all.

Aether cracked his back and smiled up to the floating girl. "Mm! I feel the same way. I wonder what today will bring..." He pondered aloud. Just as you opened your mouth, Paimon stopped and pointed in front of a large building with a dark turquoise roof. "Isn't that Jean? Seems she's talking to someone..." The white haired girl muttered.

Your eyes widened upon seeing who exactly the unknown someone was. A woman with dirty blonde hair in a ponytail wearing a black and purple outfit. Most notably was the gray mask with little red streak through the side that covered her eyes. Paimon pursed her lips. "Let's let her finish, then go say hi?"

With a tense jaw, you sent the unknown woman a hard look. "As long as I don't have to talk to that woman at all, I'll be fine." You grumbled angrily. Aether and Paimon looked at you with widened eyes. "Y/N, you know that woman?" Paimon asked. You shook your head. "Not personally, but I know she doesn't mean well. Shh... listen."

The unknown woman, with a high and mighty look that made you want to wipe it off her face, looked Jean up and down with condescension. "—Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place." She finished off smugly, "If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui."

Oh... now you're pissed.

Unfortunately, the woman just kept running her mouth. "We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we need to do is bring that monster to the—" Jean cut her off. "Monster?" She asked with a raised brow. The woman narrowed her eyes from underneath her mask. "Yes. What's your point?"

Jean pursed her lips. "Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to 'put an end' to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt?" Her gaze hardened challengingly. "I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius." She said firmly.

Suddenly, the lady began laughing, throwing her head back in amusement. "Heh... Hehehe... It's not as crazy as you make it sound." She noted before putting her hands on her hips. "Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... thorough notes..."

"Or maybe you could mind your business."

"Y/N?!" Paimon exclaimed in her squeaky voice as you passed Jean to stand in front of her. "Y/N...?! Wha-!" Jean breathed out with wide eyes, surprised at your sudden presence and icy tone. Aether, meanwhile, didn't say anything in favor of just watching with a slightly agape mouth and enlarged eyes.

The Fatui woman raised an eyebrow, the amused smile not once leaving her face. "Oh? And who might you be?" She asked. "No one," you said blankly, "just someone who thinks this is none of your concern."

The lady hummed and placed a hand on her hip. "And are you one of the knights?" She asked. You shook your head. "No—" She was quick to continue. "Then maybe you should stay out of this." The Fatui suggested with a cruel smile. A grin of your own crossed your face. "Really? Funny. I was just about to say the same thing to you." You resorted calmly.

Taken about, the woman opened her mouth to respond. You continued on though. "Frankly, I believe the knights have been doing a wonderful job. Just yesterday we made a major progression with Dvalin and helping Mondstadt. Now what exactly have you done?" You said with a dangerously blank look.