Chapter 7

Tom had almost forgotten about the feast and the sorting ceremony along with his introduction to everyone, he looked at the mirror fixing his dark curls and buttoning up his shirt. He paced around his office for a few minutes before he left it, his first impression has to be perfect, his plan has to work. He sat next to Minerva McGonagall and professor Slughorn. He immediately started talking to his old professor,, Oh Tom my favorite student you grew up, you bit nervous 'bout tomorrow , your first day right?" His old professor didn't change at all,, Yes, well you were my favorite teacher too and I'm little excited nothing more, hope they will like me" Slughorn smiled ,, Dear boy what is there not to like, they'll adore you, especially girls, tell me is there someone, a young leady perhaps?" Tom expected this question ,, No, not yet" ,, Don't worry boy you'll find the one you're still young, how old are you now, about 30?" This man sure asks a lot of questions and he loves to talk ,, Turning 31 this year sir" ,, No need to call me sir anymore boy, we are colleges now" They stopped talking as Dumbledore stood up and first years came thru the door, some were smiling and looking around others were nervously waiting to find out in which house they would be put in. Women next to him stood up and walked towards them, he knew exactly what would she say as he was once a first year.

,,Welcome to Hogwarts,' said Professor McGonagall. 'The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.' Ah he did miss it, he missed this place he longed to destroy. And then he saw ghost he didn't miss them, he was always supposed to be careful when snooping to not be discovered by them.

New students!' said the Fat Friar, smiling around at them. 'About to be sorted, I suppose?' A few people nodded mutely. 'Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!' said the Friar. 'My old house, you know.' First years looked amazed by them I suppose muggle-borns the most. 'Now, form a line,' Professor McGonagall told the first-years, 'and follow me.' One by one those little people sat under The Sorting hat. Then after the Sorting ceremony had finished Dumbledore spoke

,,Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words......before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor Tom Riddle who's kindly consented the Dark arts teacher. Good luck, professor." I stood up and gave a little bow and sat back on my seat, Slughorn congratulated me along with other professors. Food was delicious like he remembered there was everything literally like roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops, lamb chops, sausages, bacon, steak, joints, steak and kidney pie, boiled potatoes, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, chips and lots more but we would be here all night to say it all.

Dumbledore continued speaking ,, As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. You all know about murders that were happening in the past few months and you know people responsible weren't caught yet so there is possibility that perpetrator is siting among you and that is leading to the point of this.....be careful whom you trust and love, the one closest to us can betrays us in a way that one can't imagine. Thank you, enjoy your food." Yes old man listen to your own advice Tom smirked while sipping on his pumpkin juice. He can't wait for the moment he'll reveal he's the one responsible for those murders, him and his followers.

Violet was sitting at her table, she sat somewhere in the middle of the table along with her friends, she would look up to the teachers table sometimes looking for the new teacher as most of the girls did. Dumbledore's speech shook everyone a bit but not my friends they made jokes mostly ,, Hey Vi you won't betray me in a way I can't even imagine will ya?" Of course Rodolphus Lestrange made jokes and laughed at them himself, he's the clown of the group definitely. He's supposed to marry Bella after they finish school and I see him dead after the wedding night because she could not tolerate him ,, Stop it people are dead and did you notice only muggle-borns are being killed and not one pure-blood. The killer is showing us something." Violet spent few nights before researching and found that out. ,, See we are safe, all of us are pure-bloods let those who aren't to worry" She got up and punched Theodore in chest before walking out of the great hall ,, What, I didn't say anything wrong, it's truth" Theo spoke with his mouth full of food. ,, Just eat, I'll go check on her"

Eve left the hall following her best friend but she already disappeared from her sight but they are called best friends for a reason, by five minutes Eve found Violet, she was sitting in the last row of the library by the window on the cold stone.,, Hey you" She sat on the chair next to her ,, Don't be upset, it's just Theo you know how he can be" she took something out of her pocket ,, I brought you some dessert, you didn't eat any and Violet without sugar is not something I can tolerate" Girl next to her smiled for the first time looking at her friend ,, Thanks Eve, I know but I worry for.... Julius.... He....uh... promise me you won't tell this to anyone" Eve started to worry ,, I promise, you know I would do anything for you, you can tell me" Violet stood up and went to see if anyone can hear them ,, So about a month ago I saw Julius meet with some of his friends and they, there was a masked man and they...." She stopped for a moment but continued ,, They talked about killing Nobby Leach if he didn't resign after they killed his family and friends." Eve was shocked and confused, she knew Julius as a kind boy she always had a crush on ,, Vi he did resign a week ago" Violet started crying ,, I know Eve please promise me you won't tell this to anyone yet, I don't know what to do I can't lose him too." Eve hugged her tightly,, Oh you poor little thing, everything will be fine but lets talk about professor Riddle and his coat" Girls started laughing and giggling thru tears. ,, Oh shut up"