36. Chapter (Victims Of Their Desires)

Travis wasn't certain of the elapsed time when he sensed a gentle touch on his back. Bella traced her fingers across his ribs and shoulder blades, then nestled in his arms while peering up at his face. 

He met her gaze, and the longing glimmer in her eyes prompted a small smile from him. Both their eyes were devoid of the tears shed earlier, and she appeared exceptionally beautiful. How could he possibly resist her allure now?

Travis leaned in closer, pressing a gentle kiss upon her forehead, then the tip of her nose, and at last, her lips, initially with caution and then, as passion surged, with fervour. He savoured her sugary taste, and she reciprocated with equal intensity, Bella's hands tenderly traversing the back of his head, right after he delicately placed her back on the floor. 

He certainly appreciated the direction in which their passion was heading, but it was only prudent for him to caution her about his concealed desires. After a while, he took hold of her hands, delicately disengaging from her lips but maintaining the connection as their foreheads touched.

"There's one more thing I have to impart to you," he said between shallow breaths. 

"I... I'm a rough man when it comes to intimacy – I'm not afraid to seize your arse, or grab you by the neck, or other things you cannot possibly imagine at present. Yet, I shall endeavour to restrain myself, for you and your joy are my highest concern."

As Travis concluded his speech, he felt Bella release her hand from his grip and put his hand on her neck. He straightened up so that he could look at her face adorned with eyes filled with a silent plea.

"Then do it," she said softly. "Show me how rough you can be with me. Make me all yours, for I cannot wait any longer."

The word appeared again before his eyes.

Submission.

He asked Bella, brows arching: "You... you perused that book?"

She nodded her head in agreement. "At least three times and rather thoroughly."

"And... are you willing to submit to me?" Travis inquired further, surprised and encouraged by her answer.

"Aye. I need to... I need to give myself up to someone. And I ardently desire to belong to you, I always did," she whispered, sounding both desperate and wanton as he smiled and kissed her once more.

"My dear Bella, do you yearn to be liberated from the confines of your emotions, ready to release the pent-up feelings within you? I would gladly unlock the door with my metaphorical key, but not without some assurances from you, my darling."

Travis gazed into her eyes, his hand sweeping away a naughty lock of hair that had fallen on her cheek. 

"If you submit to me, you will be mine and solely mine, do you comprehend? Mine alone."

"Aye," she replied.

"You're not going to have anyone but me, and we shan't have separate beds nor chambers."

"I assure you, my dearest. I have no intention of parting with you under any circumstances."

He smiled and cupped her visage tenderly. "And I promise always to be considerate of you and to heed your watchword from now on. Do you know what that watchword is going to be?"

"Teacup," Bella replied without hesitation.

"Teacup," he repeated, nodding. "Very well." Then he whispered in her ear, "Do not permit me to trespass beyond your own boundaries, my dear. I only aim to bring you pleasure, never to cause harm or inflict pain beyond your endurance."