chapter three , flatline

CHAPTER THREE"deterioration of the fight or flight response"season two episode twenty-six

CHAPTER THREE
"deterioration of the fight or flight response"
season two episode twenty-six

IF YOU ASKED Allison where she'd thought she'd be in this moment twenty-four hours ago, being shot in the stomach outside of the hospital on the cement ground would not be her answer.

But there she was. She lied there motionless and she wasn't sure what was happening. She didn't remember anything. She tried to call out for someone. Derek, Burke (who she was just with, but seemingly could not find), she even tried to call out Mark.

Bailey. Miranda Bailey was there, the girl saw her, even with her blurred vision. Her lips were moving, but she couldn't hear anything. Fading in and out of consciousness, other faces passed through her peripheral. She felt her body being loaded onto the gurney until it all faded to black.

MIRANDA BAILEY wheeled the unconscious woman into the E.R. "Allison Shepherd, 26, pregnant. G.S.W. to the abdomen. Page Addison Shepherd immediately!" She demanded. "She lost a lot of blood and lost consciousness."

"Get her to trauma two," Richard directed. "Burke's in trauma one."

She began to regain consciousness as they started to examine her. "Mark," she muttered, stirring around. "Mark?" She forced herself up, glancing rapidly around the room for him.

"Allison, lay down. You've lost a lot of blood," Bailey told her, pushing her body back down. "Where is Addison?"

She pushed Bailey's hand away. "We have to go check on him. We have to go check on him," she repeated, referring to Denny.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Allison. Lay down," she said sharply.

The blonde laid back down. "Where's Mark?" she asked. Where was she? She felt dizzy.

"Page the other Shepherd, too! She must've hit her head," the resident ordered.

The two married Shepherds entered the room."What the hell happened to her?" Derek asked, his mouth dropping when he saw his sister lying there.

"G.S.W. to the abdomen. She hit her head, too, and on the ultrasound, the baby is having some signs of fetal distress," Bailey informed.