The best friend

Emma

Emma

Narrator's pov

They have known each other since childhood. Emma used to be reserved, preferring to observe from a distance rather than approach people. Despite her quiet nature, she always let herself be carried away by Kai’s ideas and energy. They got the most sincere laughs out of each other and were the first to know things about each other. They shared everything. Well, almost everything.

Recently, something changed in Emma. She discovered an attraction that she hadn't recognized before towards Kai. This revelation adds a new layer to their friendship. Now, she experiences a mix of emotions when she is around them. Em, as they affectionately called her, maintains a calm a lond affable mask even though her soul is filled with enthusiasm when she has them around, carefully hiding any signs that give her away.

The brunette an effort to make her laugh sound natural, avoiding prolonged glances, hiding every blush. She had became an expert interpreter of her own feelings, keeping unrequited love in the chest of secrets, without revealing the emotional immensity that lies within her being.

But now, with Kai so close, holding her cheek with their hand, suggesting a friends-with-benefits arrangement, even though the physical aspect might overshadow or complicate their connection, and her attraction could intensify, generating conflicting emotions. She was tempted to test the feelings. Thinking that this could be an opportunity, a beginning; maybe someday it could evolve into something more. Fear lost to temptation.

Emma had a surprised expression; they could notice the blush growing on her cheeks, burning under Kai's touch. She acknowledged she wasn't in a clear state of mind; her thoughts were clouded by their touch.

They slowly closed the distance, giving her time to react; their breaths mingled until they whispered with voices laden with excitement, their eyes darkened by the growing tension.

- Tell me you want this as much as I do - they said, unaware that Emma was giving her all to resist closing the torturous gap, wanting them to take the first step.

- Yes, I want it- she said, closing her eyes. The girl felt nervous but excited; her heart raced as she anticipated the kiss, experiencing a mix of anxiety and desire, wondering if Kai felt the same.

After an agonizing wait, she felt their lips slowly meeting, tasting each other carefully. Kai pulled her closer by the waist, exchanging the heat they both radiated.

In the passionate kiss, their lips met eagerly, seeking the reciprocity of desire. The intensity grew with each passing second.

Emma couldn't contain the sinful, muffled sound that escaped her lips when they ran their tongue over her lower lip, seeking entry.

A frenzied dance of entwined tongues and uneven breaths unfolded. The palpable hunger translated into passionate movements, exploring hands, and the electricity surging between them, creating a fiery and passionate connection.

They transitioned the kisses to her jawline and neck, kissing, nibbling, and licking. Getting close to her earlobe, they said:
- Damn, I love your taste- She felt their words travel through her body to her core. She clutched their side as if in a lifeboat in the ocean after a shipwreck, wanting to be as close as possible.

Both swaying and touching, they continued until they laid her on the couch. The girl felt their hand sneaking beneath her sweater. By then, she could already sense the moisture between her legs.

They sucked on her lip before pulling back slightly, breathing heavily.
- May I? they asked, pointing to their own shirt, looking at her with intense dark eyes.

-Please! - she said breathlessly, returning the gaze with equal intensity. They swiftly removed the garment, watching her, capturing their lower lip between their teeth.

They raised a hand to touch the face of the girl languidly moving before them, exploring. She seized the opportunity to catch their index finger, starting to suck on it from the tip to the knuckle without breaking eye contact. Anxiety consumed her, but it was pleasurable to tease them and anticipate the image of them on top of her, their bodies entangled in a mess of bare limbs.

-God, you're so sexy. I want to kiss every part of your body -  they said, kissing her again. Emma had her hands in their hair, feeling them descend with kisses to her neck, clavicle, sternum; her hands wandered on their muscles.

Emma moaned as their hands reached under her sweater, without removing it. Their hand traveled from her stomach to her chest, and they could feel her hard nipples through the fabric.

*Phone ringing*

-Damn-  Kai said, reluctantly stopping. Emma looked at them with frustrated excitement. They picked up the phone, glancing at the screen.

-It's from the school... They won't stop calling if I don't answer.

-Don't worry, take the call- she said, they give her an apologetic look.

She did everything to steady her breath as they pulled away, lips swollen from the recent kissing session. They glanced at them while responding with a few "yes," "okay," and "oks" on the phone. She fixed her sweater.

They had a similar appearance to hers - rosy lips, disheveled hair. They were putting in effort to disguise the gravity in their voices, betraying the interrupted situation. The girl watched them from a distance, admiring their complete figure - tall, with strong shoulders, tempting abs even in a topless state.

- Forgive me, Em. The principal said she has a proposal, maybe a job, for me. She asked me to come see her at the school now. Is everything okay? -  they said in a hushed tone due to the situation.

- Yes, yes, go for it, of course. I know how much you need it! Um, good luck... um... I can close up here and leave the key at your place - she said, rising with feigned acceptance, brushing her trembling fingers through her beautiful curly locks.

- That's why I love you. I'll go. Thanks - they said, hurrying out, grabbing the bag they brought.

As the door closed, Emma sat down, replaying what had just happened. Her stomach churned with thousands of butterflies; her face was flushed. She could still feel their hot and humid lips on her neck, clavicle... She closed her eyes, only managing to see them, excited, their faces reflecting the desire between them.

If she had any doubts or reservations about the intensity of this attraction, now she had none. Perhaps only they could feel the same way.

Kai hurried out, grateful for the breeze on the walk home, still catching their breath. Their mind was clouded by the expressions and sounds that provoked in their friend. It was not the first time they considered it, but their imagination was far from reality.

They began to weigh the pros and cons of what had just happened. "I don't think this will harm our friendship. We both want something casual until we find someone. Maybe this will bring us closer. Falling in love was surely not an option here." Kai thought while walking.
God damn we almost caught each other .

                        __________________________

Hi, what do you think about Emma? 😏.
Gracias por leer!
XOXO