CHAPTER TWO

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

    BITING HER LIP, COLETTE SQUEEZED her eyes shut as the door to her dorm room creaked loudly when she opened it.

    "-new. Where would she even go?"

    "I didn't actually see her leave the great hall?"

    "I wonder what school she went to before."

     "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She stepped in, clearing her throat when the loud door surprisingly didn't catch their attention.

     All the girls' heads snapped towards her from where all five of them were squished on one of the small four-poster beds. "Um, not at all." Lily chuckled, watching as Colette made her way inside, taking off the gryffindor scarf around her neck and placing it on the only still made bed.

    "Hey, where'd you get that scarf from? We aren't allowed out to Hogsmeade after dinner." The blonde with the smudged red lipstick pointed out.

    "Borrowed it from a friend." She shrugged, opening her trunk to pull out her towel, toothbrush, and pajamas.

     "We never introduced ourselves." The brunette with the soft voice said. "I'm Alice Fortescue."

    "I'm Mary Macdonald!" The dark skinned girl with the yellow nightgown said a little too loudly for such a calm environment. "Sorry." She smiled sheepishly.

     "I'm Marlene Mckinnons." The blonde said, giving her a small wave.

     "I'm Dorcas Meadowes." The girl who gave her directions to the restroom introduced giving her a soft smile.

    Giving them all a nod of acknowledgment, Colette stood up from where she was crouched in front of her trunk and began making her way towards the door that she assumed led to their shared bathroom in the corner of the room.

     Locking the warm lit bathroom, Colette quickly placed her things on the sink before running towards the window. Struggling to open it, she let out a deep breath once she returned her shaky hands to their place on the window sill and quickly stuck her head out.

     "Lettie, I'm right here."

      Jumping with wide eyes, her hand flew to her chest and she let out a deep breath. "Damn it Reg, you scared me." She whispered, helping the shaky boy off his broom. He stuck a slim leg in, knocking over the well folded white towels and bottles of shampoo.

      "Sorry." He mumbled sheepishly but as he stuck in another leg, he knocked over the two small lion statues placed on the windowsill.

     "Colette, is everything alright in there?" Lily asked, knocking on the door.

     "Yeah! Just thought I saw a Cornish pixie." She exclaimed back, giving Regulus a warning look. Quickly pulling her wand out, she casted the imperturbable charm.

    Glancing around curiously, Regulus absentmindedly picked up the things he knocked over as they walked further into the bathroom. "Did you bring it?" Colette asked excitedly, clasping her fingers together.

    "I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

    "Of course you would. You wouldn't pass up another opportunity to look at me." She smiled brightly which earned her a roll of eyes.

    "Here." Regulus sighed, handing her a copy of Hogwarts: A History and a map of Hogwarts.

    "I'm so glad you tolerate me, Reggie." She said, letting out a small sigh as she took the items from him.

    "I wouldn't steal a map of Hogwarts from Professor Mcgonagall for anyone else." He shrugged, shoving his hands into his pocket with a smile.

     Giving him a big smile, Colette threw her arms over his shoulders, not noticing how long it took him to reciprocate the hug. "As much as I'd love to stay here and go through this with you, I don't want to be a bathroom hogger on my first day."

    "Right." He cleared his throat, removing his hands from her torso. "I'll see you tomorrow."

     "Bye Regulus." She bid with a small smile as she watched him immediately go pale when he shakily made his way onto the broom. "Fly safe."

      "Please stop talking." He mumbled, shakily leaning forward to get the broom to move. Chuckling softly, Colette quickly closed the window, undoing the charm.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

     "Sorry." Colette tightly smiled at Marlene as she walked out of the bathroom.

    "About time. We thought we might've needed to knock the door down and save you." She smiled teasingly, giving the girl in pink a squeeze on her arm as she passed by.

     Biting her cheek, Colette waved her wand swiftly, becoming surrounded by warm air hugging her clothes, her hair quickly drying. "Colette, come here." Lily softly said, patting the spot on her bed in between her and Alice.

    "I'm alright, thank you." She mumbled politely. "I'm feeling quite knackered after today."

    "Oh." The red headed mumbled, her smile dropping. "I was hoping we'd be able to get to know a bit about each other."

     "But it's alright." Alice quickly cut in, giving Colette a small smile. "We can always do it another time. Goodnight." There was a chorus of goodnights as the brunette made her way towards her bred, closing the curtain around her before removing the disillusionment charm from the items she was given.

     Casting an imperturbable charm for the second time that day, she quickly followed up with, "lumos" and opened up Hogwarts: A History.