CHAPTER SIX

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

    "WHY DOES COLETTE NOT LIKING YOU MATTER TO YOU SO MUCH?" Remus inquired with a soft furrow of eyebrows as him and Sirius watched Colette walk out of Divinations alone.

    "Because I know she likes me, she just doesn't know it yet."

    "Okay, are you seriously listening to yourself right now?"

     "Every girl likes me, it's a fact. Watch." He explained before turning to a tall blonde, leaning against the cobstone wall, conversing with her friend who was now also glancing at the boy. Nodding at them with a soft smirk, Sirius watched with a smug look as they giggled quietly, twirling strands of hair between their fingers. "See?"

     Letting out a deep sigh, Remus shook his head. "Still doesn't mean she also needs to like you."

    "That's exactly what that's supposed to mean." He shrugged before turning back to the brunette who was skimming through a book in her hands and fell into step with her. "Hey Alaire, wait up."

    "What do you want now, Black?" Colette mumbled, not taking her eyes away from the spell book in her hand.

    "I actually have a preposition for you." Sirius said, barely containing his excitedness when she finally looked up at him.

    "And why do you think I'd even be interested?"

    "Because it has to do with a joke of sorts. A prank perhaps?" Pausing, she ignored Sirius' confused gaze as he stopped a few strides ahead. 'Did I say something wrong?"

    "I won't help you pull any pranks." She cleared her throat, averting her gaze for a second.

    "Come on, Colette, not even one?" He deflated.

    Swallowing harshly she quickly shook her head. "Not even one." She said, dropping one arm to her side.

    "But-" Sirius started only to be cut off when she turned and left.

    "You talked to her?" James' booming voice rang out in the emptying hall, his heavy hands falling onto Sirius' shoulders once he finally caught up to him. "Please tell me she said yes?"

     "From the look on her face, I reckon she actually said no." Remus chuckled, shoving his scarred hands into his slacks.

     "Was she at least nice about it?' Peter shrugged.

     "Was she nice about it? Was she nice about it?" Sirius repeated with a scoff as he shook his head before turning to face Peter. "She said she'd see me later, so yeah I'd say she was bloody awesome!"

     "Can we please relax? We can only have one case of unrequited love at a time."

     "Hey!" James knitted his eyebrows in offense. "Lily's love for me is very much requited, she just doesn't know it yet."

    Shaking his head, Remus bent down and grabbed his bag. "You guys are starting to sound too alike. I'm heading to Transfiguration before I'm late a third time this week. Siris?"