CHAPTER THREE

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

QUICKLY MAKING HER WAY DOWN the stairs, Colette held a map in her one hand, using her other hand to wave her wand. "This can't be right." She mumbled, furrowing her eyes as she looked up from the worn out piece of parchment which should've led her to the Owlery, not to the group of ravenclaw kids staring at her with wide eyes.

"Are you alright?" She asked albeit a bit awkwardly, putting her wand away as her hair was now in a braided bun.

"Uh, um-"

"We were just about to-"

"Exactly, yeah!" One squeaked just as they all scurried off. Watching them in confusion, Colette shrugged before returning her gaze to the seemingly useless piece of paper in her hands.

"Need some help?" A smooth voice asked, causing the girl to quickly turn around.

Squinting her eyes at the undeniably handsome boy, she quickly shook her head. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"I'm Sirius Black." He introduced, sticking a pale hand out towards her. Raising her eyes from the paper, to his hand, to the striking gray eyes staring at her, she nodded her head. "But you already knew that?"

"You don't seem to be surprised." She quipped, glancing back down.

"The owlery is easy to find, you just won't find it in here, darling." He noted, shoving his hands into his dress pants as he nodded towards her hands. "It's the only isolated building outside."

Letting out a small sigh, she started folding up the map, reminding herself to throw it at Regulus' head whenever she got the chance. "Thank you."

"You're going now?" Sirius furrowed his eyebrows, glancing at where people were already beginning to make their way out of the Great Hall.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure- oh wow." The boy with the black hair began before trailing off as she took the now green and silver scarf from her bag, throwing it around her neck carelessly. "Fraternizing with the enemy so soon?" Furrowing her eyebrows at the taller boy, she shoved her hands into her robe before walking away with a huff.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"Pleasure of you to join us, Ms. Alaire." McGonagall said as the brunette walked past the threshold of the classroom.

"Pleasure to be here, professor." Colette raised her eyebrows, glancing at all the students staring at her.

"You can take a seat besides Mr. Lupin." She said, motioning towards a boy with brown hair. He looked at her over his shoulder, revealing his slightly scarred face and his soft brown eyes.

Letting out a sigh, Colette made her way over to the boy who she recognized as a friend of Sirius's. Clenching her fingers around the paper in her hand, she sat down, sending him a small smile, before taking out her copy of "A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration," and a muggle pen.

"For those of you who are new, and those of you who need to be reminded," McGonagall paused her lengthy lesson, clearing her throat. "I do not tolerate any foolishness in my class." When Colette didn't move her attention from where she was making her stick man figures dance, the professor waved her wand, squishing the drawing that looked oddly similar to Dumbledore.