I wish you cheated [2]

Mika

I traveled.

Ilang buwan na din mula nung simulan ko. After my last encounter with Rachel, I decided to save myself from pain.

I chose Europe para malayo sa lahat.

From her

From our friends

And everything or everyone that reminds me of her.

I finally realize how unfair it was to me. How they laughed at me, mocked me for the pain I was feeling just because I can't move on.

They didn't understand.

Sinubukan ko namang kalimutan, sinubukan kong palitan.

But it was just so hard.

I am boarding the train here in Venice going to Milan. I took my phone to prepare taking pictures of the station and also the scenery later, nang may bigla na lang bumagsak sa may tabi ko.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." Panic na sabi ng babae, checking if I was hurt or injured. "I got off balance cause my foot got tangled with the chair. I'm really sorry."

"It's ok. I'm not hurt." Nginitian ko na lang siya.

She look at her ticket then check the seat number.

"We're seatmates!" She settled on the seat in front of me. She smiled at me like she's some ball of sunshine. "I'm Vien."

"Mika"

"Hi, Mika" she looked at me with joy tapos nag simula na siya mag salita.

I just stared at her, wondering if ok lang ba siya. Being talkative to stranger.

"Pardon, I just talk a lot when I'm excited."

"Ok lang- I mean it's ok."

Nanlaki naman ang mata niya nang marinig ako.

"Oh my gosh, Filipino ka din?"

I nodded and she smiled brightly, I thought she could light the whole train car with that.

"You're sad." Biglang sabi niya. Tinaasan ko naman siya ng kilay. "I mean, your eyes looks sad."

"Maybe I am." I replied.

Tinitigan niya ako nang matagal. Medyo na conscious ako. I hovered the book I was holding sa mukha ko. "Do you have plans in Milan? Can I accompany you?" Tanong niya.

"I don't have any plans in particular. Wh-"

"I'm an invasive specie." She grinned at me.

I just sighed. I didn't argue. Feeling ko she's going to suck the life out of me if I did.

Natawa na lamang din ako remembering the moment I met Rachel.

I was the invasive one. I was hella annoying at some point, but she never frowned. She always gave that lovely smile of hers.

Tangina, Rachel nanaman naiisip ko.

*****

"You should try this." Alok sa akin ni Vien nang kinakain niyang pasta alfredo.

"When you said you're an invasive specie, I didn't expect that you're going to invade my personal space too."

"Hey, cohabitation para makatipid. Saka double bed naman. And I don't bite." Depensa niya.

"I can pay for your room."

"I can pay for my own. Let's just be practical please."

"Alam mo kung masamang tao ako, you'd be in great danger"