A Gaze of Green Eyes

It was just another morning like any other. As Chigusa cleaned up in the kitchen, Yuji and Hecate sat together at the table, their meals already done. Both of them were already in their uniforms.

"Do you still sense them?"Yuji asked Hecate. Since that morning, he felt the very familiar presence of a Crimson Denizen somewhere in the vicinity. Hecate had made no move to track them down, so the boy assumed that it was not too much cause for alarm just yet.

Hecate nodded once. "They are very close."

Just a few minutes later, they heard a knock on their door. Hecate, alert since she first felt them, got up and strode to the door ahead of anyone else. Yuji followed after her, just after telling his mother, "It's for us mom, we'll get it."

When the Priestess opened the door, she found a pair of elegantly dressed blondes, one male and one female, standing at the doorway. As Yuji came up behind her, Hecate raised her arm slightly to bar the gap between him and the twins.

"WOW! It's the Supreme Throne! That's why she felt so powerful! To think we'd run into her of all people," the boy exclaimed with an expression of childish awe.

The girl clenched her fist tightly and smirked, gritting her teeth behind her lips. She was obviously hiding a fury boiling inside her. "Indeed, quite a curious coincidence," she said. "This is He-Who-Loves-Himself, and I'm the One-Indulged-in-Love-of-Others, we're also known as Sorath and Tiriel."

Episode 11: A Gaze of Green Eyes

"...and so, since Thousand Changes canceled our agreement at the last minute, we had to deal with pesky Flame Hazes by ourselves while we tracked down the one who has a sword my brother really wants," Tiriel explained. The four sat in the living room, each pair across a coffee table from the other.

"The Nietono no Shana!" Sorath said excitedly.

"Come to think of it, it's not like Sydonay to do that," Tiriel said. "You're one of the Trinity like he is, is something big happening?"

Hecate just stared at her coldly and silently, not intending to give an answer. Tiriel shrugged.

"In any case, we currently have another Flame Haze on our tail," she continued. "But she's a little different from the others we've faced. As far as those brutes go, she's a pretty dangerous one."

With no idea what was going on, and treating the twins as if they were simply friends of Hecate, Chigusa came into the living room with four cups of tea. "You'd better get going to school soon Yu-chan. You don't want to be late; I could entertain your friends while you're away."

"Oh, don't worry about us," Tiriel said, faking sincerity. "We have things to do around town."

Chigusa smiled. "Well, you're welcome to visit anytime," she said. Before leaving, she added, "A friend of Hecate-chan is a friend of mine."

"Mom..." Yuji sighed softly. She truly had no idea about the dangerous world that existed right under her nose.

Sorath watched as the housewife left the room. He turned to Tiriel. "Can I-?"

"No dear brother," Tiriel instantly replied before he could finish. She eyed the Mystes as she spoke. "We don't want to make unnecessary enemies."

"So, what are you two doing here?" Yuji asked.

"We chose this city to prepare our trap for the Flame Haze pursuing us, although we'd need someone to help guard this for us," Tiriel answered as she produced a little music box for a brief moment of demonstration before withdrawing it. "The hundreds of Torches would confuse her long enough until the trap is ready."

Itadaki no HecateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara