words have power

The room was filled with tension and unease as everyone tried to make sense of what had happened. Mrs. Wilderbeth was shaking with fear and confusion as she spoke, her voice quivering, "It was Maria, I swear it was Maria." The maids whispered amongst themselves, trying to make sense of the situation. Suddenly, the door burst open, and Maria rushed in, concern written all over her face. "I heard what happened, is she okay?" she asked, looking around the room.

Mrs. Wilderbeth looked at Maria in disbelief, her eyes wide with shock. Maria's expression quickly turned to one of horror as she saw the maid lying on the floor. She covered her mouth with her hand, unable to believe what she was seeing. The devil must be smiling.

Asa, the doctor, examined the maid's body to check for any other injuries that may have been missed. Meanwhile, Alexander, who had been in the room the whole time, looked away and walked out of the room in silence. The tension in the room was palpable as everyone tried to make sense of what had happened.

After Asa finished his examination, Maria stepped forward, looking worried. "Are you and Asa, um... you know," she said, her concern evident in her voice.

Alexander responded coldly, "I wish, but no." Maria's face lit up with a smile, and she hugged Alexander's hand. "Let's go, brother," she said, leading him out of the room.

Asa gestured to the others, "You guys can come in now. She has no internal injuries and is okay." Maria looked relieved as she asked, "Will she be okay?"

Asa nodded, "Yes, she will make a full recovery." The maids breathed a sigh of relief, muttering under their breath. Meanwhile, Mrs. Wilderbeth continued to cry and insist, "I swear it was Maria. She made me hit her." The tension in the room was still thick as everyone tried to make sense of what had happened. It was clear that something was not right, and they needed to get to the bottom of it.

this is a little shorter chapter sorry for that.