Sadist

The man let out a loud cry of pain as the sharp edge of the knife pierced through his coat, pinning him to the spot. Asa, the person responsible for this act, had a satisfied smile on her face as she looked down at him. Maria, who was standing beside her, was utterly shocked and taken aback by what she had just witnessed. Asa's eyes gleamed with pride as she spoke, "So, who do you think he works for?" Her question was directed at Maria, who was still trying to process what had just happened. The man on the ground was writhing in pain, struggling to break free from the knife that was holding him down. Asa seemed unfazed by the commotion and continued to smile. Suddenly, the duke walked into the room, his eyes fixed on the man lying on the floor. Maria could see the shock and confusion written all over his face. Asa, on the other hand, had a sly grin on her face, as if she had accomplished something significant. The duke demanded to know what was going on. "Mark, what are you doing?" he asked, his voice laced with anger and concern. Mark, the man on the floor, struggled to speak through the pain. "Sir, she stuck me,"

Asa interrupted the man before he could speak any further, "OK, stuck is a stretch. I just flung the knife and used its spin to curve across the hallway towards you, who threw it first." The tension in the room was palpable as the duke addressed the situation, "Asa, there was no need to stick him in the first place, and Mark, what on earth were you thinking?" The duke's eyes then fell on Maria, who was standing in the corner of the room, looking shocked. "Maria, darling, I'm sorry you had to witness this," he said, his tone apologetic. Alexander entered the room. Maria immediately ran to him in tears. "I need you right now, Alexander," she cried. Meanwhile, Asa was fuming with anger. "Is no one going to apologize to me? I was about to become disabled!" she exclaimed. Mark, on the other hand, was not ready to let it go. "You almost disabled me," he said with a menacing tone. Before long, the two of them started bickering uncontrollably, and the tension in the room became unbearable.

The duke, who had been observing the scene, couldn't take it anymore. "Stop!" he shouted, and the room immediately fell silent. The duke's words hung in the air like a thick fog, and Asa and Mark glared at each other with hostility. "You two are fighting like children," the duke scolded, but Asa just rolled her eyes, and Mark responded with the same. "Both of you, come to my office," the duke ordered. "Alexander, Maria, get ready for Aunt Laire's party."