Chapter 1 - A shadow

****

Wendy PoV

****

Me and my sister, have been working all week. It's getting rather tiring, if you ask me that is. Evelyn, she is just rather excited for our birthday tomorrow. 

I am too, but we barely have 3 pounds left out of the 20 we started with early this month.

I guess we'll have to go singing again. Or Evelyn sings and I watch the money, just in case it's stolen. 

I'm currently reading my favourite fairy tale. "The tales of the Enchanted Forest", it's like a combination of every single fairy tale too ever exist. I am currently on Peter Pans tale. I must admit he's a lot more darker in this book, then in every other book.

I wonder if he's really like that. 

"What are you reading, sister?" I hear a voice ask me.

"Tales of the Enchanted Forest, Peter Pans tale" I say, eager to get back to my book.

"May I read with you?" Evelyn asks me. 

"Of course you may, sister." I say, happy that my sister is too join me. 

"Hey Eve?" I say after a good few minutes of silence.

"hm..?" I hear, I look down to see sister focused on reading my book.

"Do you think Pan is actually, like, evil?"

"Maybe, why do you ask?"

"Just curious. I wonder what he's really like, you know?" I say. 

"Well, maybe we co-" Evelyn starts, but is cut of by a loud yell.

"EVELYN! WENDY! GET DOWN HERE!" we hear father yell. 

"What have we done now?" Evelyn groans. She's obviously tired.

I put my book down on my pillow, as we walk out of our "room", if you could call a cramped attic a room - that is. 

We walk down the stairs, to the kitchen to find mother and father sitting there, having dinner with John and Michael. 

"Yes, father?" I ask as Evelyn yawns. 

"You two are too loud. It's disturbing." Father spits out. He has a rather harsh tone in his voice. 

"Right, we're sorry for disturbing your time with your family, father" Evelyn says tiredly.

"Good, now go back upstairs. And stay there!" father yells, as we go back to our attic. 

As soon as we get to our room, and I close the door. I see that sister has already flopped on her mattress. 

"At least change out of those clothes, sister" I say, as I find our nightgowns.

I throw Evelyn her nightgown and she changes immediately. Not aware of the shadow watching her. 

(Imagine something like this just more worn out, and with some holes

(Imagine something like this just more worn out, and with some holes.)

'Gosh we really need new nightgowns' I thought as I made a mental note to myself to save up for new nightgowns.

"Goodnight, Wendy" I hear Eve say, snapping out of my line of thoughts.

"Goodnight Eve, sleep well" I say quietly, almost like a whisper.

Then I fell asleep.

****

Unknown PoV

****

I am awaiting my shadow. I've sent shadow off to gather information on the Darling twins. 

I'm rather curious on them, one of the twins have a book on the Enchanted Forest, with a chapter just on me.

I'd like too meet them. Although I'll probably get bored of them within a few weeks. 

My shadow swoops down, and hovers in front of me. 

"What have you found out?" I ask.

"The Wendy is reading the chapter on you again, I overheard her asking her sister what your really like."

"Interesting, and have you found out this sisters name yet. Or will I be disappointed" I say sternly, my playful smirk turning serious. 

"I heard Wendy calling her Eve." My shadow says. 

"Eve.." I say, almost like a whisper.

"I assume Eve is just a nickname." My shadow points out, much to my annoyance.

"Well," I say, taking a deep breath to calm my annoyance over just getting her nickname. "At least you got her nickname." I say, with slight anger in my voice.

"What shall we do know?" My shadow asks me.

"Bring them here, in the morning. I'd like to know more about these girls" I say, a smirk creeping up on my face. 

My shadow simply nods, before flying off. 

Oh, the fun I'm going to have when they arrive.

****

(A/N; hello everyone, This is my second story. I do have plans to finish off the first. And thank you for reading my story too. It means a lot to have 17 reads, as I was expecting no reads at all. 

I hope this one isn't all that cringe either. I'm still quite new to writing on Wattpad. Still getting used to writing. I have a lot of work as well. So the next part of "Once upon a time" will be up as soon as I can write it. 

But anyhow. If you have any ideas to continue this story on, please let me know. I take all feedback greatly, as it helps me get better.

Thanks for reading. See you soon!)