Chapter 2 - Neverland

****

Evelyn PoV:

****

I wake up to someone shaking me quite violently. 

"Wendy" I groan, turning over to lay on my side.

"Have you forgotten what day it is?" Wendy gasped.

"Huh, what are you on about now?" I ask, yawning in-between the words of my sentence.

"It's our birthday, you complete dumbo!" Wendy whisper-yells, as it was still quite early in the morning.

"Oh righ- wait what? Really?"

"You really forgot"

"No, no I remembered, I was simply..."

"You were simply what?"

"Fooling you!" I say. 

"You can tell me, It is alright if you did forget, I almost forgot myself." Wendy admits. 

But before I am able to say anything, Michael and John burst through our door.  

"Happy birthday, sisters!" Michael exclaims with a pure joy in his voice. 

"Happy birthday, Wendy. Happy birthday, Evelyn." John says in a mature-like voice, while doing a deep bow.

"Oh boys," I say while placing Michael on my lap. 

"Thank you." Wendy finishes my sentence for me.

I look at her, and she looks at me, and we laugh a little. 

"We got you something." The four year old boys says.

"What is that, Michael?" Wendy asks, taking a square box from John.

"Open it, sister" I say, in a voice filled with, hard to hide, excitement.

Wendy, being the clean girl she is and always will be, open the gift gently, making sure not to rip any of the paper.

Inside the box lied a big blue bow, Wendy gasped at the sight of her gift.

"I know it isn't much bu-" John started.

"Oh, John, Michael, It's wonderful!" Wendy reached down into the box, and pulled out the blue bow.

"Want me to tie it in your hair, Wendy?" I asked her.

Wendy simply handed me the bow, and turned around. 

I finish tying the bow to Wendy's braid, that I made for her.