Rest day

Carl's POV
In October bof 2023,I was in my office done with my today's shift . I have been serving for almost six years. Doing my job for not for money but for my own kindness. Iam tired and need a break, I cleaned my desk. Tool off my lab coat , packed my bags and left my office. As I got out of the building, I drove my car and stopped at the coffee shop just to take out one. When I had arrived at home. I went straight to my bedroom and changed my clothes. I took a book from my bookshelf. I went down stairs to the living room next to the fireplace. I sat on the rocking chair, I covered myself with a comfy blanket while reading a book. A book full of autobiography, Yes it is an autobiography from one of my patient and friend who named Jessica C. Priest , It took three years for me read her journal.

Three years ago

Jessie's POV
Hi it's me Jessica Catherine Priest, a 20 years old newbie Police Officer. And this my journal book
In 0ctober 20 2020,In London, UK. Mother's 7th Death Anniversary is on going . I was on the writing my report . Tired from the work but Happy because the case of Seamus Cummings from Dubai.I felt tired and sick. I closed my diary book. I went down to the kitchen to make self tea. As I went down stairs to the kitchen. I saw Angela sitting there making one of my favorite food. Then She approach me " Oh your here Jessie, How's your day my love " Then she went next to me and " You know what I am so happy that you, Lars and I were working together. Atleast we have bondings together " I felt irritated and said " You are a great step mother but No matter what you will do good for me,you can never replace my mum " I smiled at her and said " anyway I am not hungry.I am going upstairs to finalize my report,thanks for making dinner"
Angela smiled and I went upstairs to do my report.
Hour later
I just finished my report and I got a box my cabinet,
I sat down in my bed and opened the box that contains mom left belongings,her CCN badge, her trophy, her necklace with my given name initials and her diary which reminds me about her life.
My mom is only 14 years old when she was forced to have a child with my Dad for unknown reason. Then when my mom is 15 years old . My mom and my grandparents have costudy for me . Even though she had me she still graduated from college and have a job as a journalist, She is always busy but at least we have time together. At the age of 12 She introduced Drake a former soldier, Drake is kind and like a father to me. We have bondings like a complete family.
I couldn't imagine if She just married Drake and he became my dad.
While having flashbacks, My Dad entered to my room and
sat next to me and asked "Jessie can I talk to you for sec "
I said sure . Dad Inhaled and he started a conversations
" Jessie, I know that you had missed your mother but Why can't you respect Angela as your mother, She did nothing but her best to love and care you as her own daughter "
I felt irritated and said to him " None of your women can replace mom,no matter how good they are "
" Jess? " Dad said " What? I am just telling the truth. I can't respect her like my mother. " I said to him. He was mad and said to me "It is almost 7 years You had never recovered yet from grief ,why can't you move on accept the truth.Respecting Angela as you mother doesn't mean that Angela would replace Rachel "He was mad and left my room.