Chapter 7: Goodbye

Chapter 7: Goodbye

"Spain?" I heard a slight whisper in my ears.

"Mmmm?" I mumbled back.

"Thank you."

I was lying on my back, the soft mattress below me. A few white blankets covered the bottom half of my body and I rested both my hands on my stomach. Romano had slept next to me, occupying the right side of my bed. I looked over at him and smiled but he startled me by latching onto me. He kept me in a tight hug that I didn't dare let go of. I wrapped my arms around his back and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"There's nothing to thank, Romano. I was just being honest." I answered.

To that he said nothing and for some reason I didn't mind the silence. He was always a quiet child when I wasn't yelling at him for doing something. The memories only made me happier but they also made me never want to let him go again. I knew that if I did something bad between us was going to happen. For now I would just hold onto him and that was enough.

Interrupting the beautiful moment, I heard a knock on the door. I opened my eyes and glanced down at Romano who nodded his head in that direction with a sleepy expression on his face. I let my hand fall on his face before I got up and walked out the door, yawning as I went. When I got there the door was already opened and not two guys as I was expecting but three were there.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked.

Not to my surprise, the little Italian boy jumped up first. "Romano is here, isn't he? He has to be here!"

"Calm down, hermano. Si, he's here," I answered.

"He has to come back. All these scary people keep yelling at me and I don't know what to do. Please you have to tell him to come back!" Italy blabbered.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm but it wasn't me who answered. "Quit blabbering, idiot. What the hell do you want from me?"

Italy jumped up and hugged his brother tightly. "Romano! I missed you!"

Romano pushed him off, grumbling. "Shut up! Why would you want me back now?"

I was smiling at the two brothers. "The people appear to want you back, Romano. They need you."

Italy nodded his head. "It's all true! Please you have to come back! If you don't then your people are going to hurt me and I don't want to die!"

Romano crossed his arms over his chest with a sigh. "I'll go if you shut up."

Italy smiled brightly and was about to hug his brother again when Romano gave him a death glare. "Yay! I'm so happy to have you back!"

I looked over at Italy. "You can wait here until he's ready and have as many tomatoes as you want."