7: Bea

Okay, so there was a tie for the appearance of the Davenport baby. Three votes for both choice one and three. I decided to go with choice one, blonde hair and green eyes. That way Trevor doesn't feel so left out with his appearance! See below for the next thing to vote on!

Bea's POV

"Go talk to him." Kylie elbows me.

"No! I can't!" I gasp. 

"Why not?" Kylie raises the mischievous eyebrow she's known for. My cousin's a bit of a trouble maker. Nothing actually bad or illegal, though. "Give me one reason, Beatrice." 

I'm silent. We both know there is no reason besides 'I'm terrified to talk to Mr. New Guy.'

"Alright. I'll go." I stand up from my spot with shaky legs.

"Woo hoo! Go Bea!" Kylie laughs. 

"Yeah! Go Miss Beatrice!" Annalie laughs. 

I walk over to the new guy. He's playing on his phone.

"Hey." I say.

He looks up. "Hey." He looks back down at his phone.

"You're new to Mission Creek, right?"

"Yeah."

"Um, I'm Bea. I'd just like to welcome you to MCHS." 

"Well, thanks." 

"And, um, my friends and I wanted to know if you wanted to sit by us. Lunch is boring by yourself." 

He puts the phone back in his pocket. "Really?"

"Yeah. That's us over there. Well, the girl standing really close to that boy, that's my sister, Annalie. She's a freshman, and not really in the group yet I guess. And that boy is her 'not boyfriend' Toby. And then that's Kylie, who's a junior. She's my best friend and also Annalie's and my cousin. Oh, and I'm a sophomore. What are you?"

"Same as you. So you're all related and you all hang out?"

"No, we were just making fun of Annalie and Toby. Oh look, it seems Eli and Nina, that's Annalie and Toby's other friends, are coming by us. Yay, a freshman circus." I look to Mr. New Boy. "Sorry, I'm rambling."

"Nah. It's fine." He laughs. "I'm Marcus Bennett. Jr. Marcus Bennett Jr." 

"Nice to meet you, Marcus." I lead Marcus to the group. "Ky, I leave you alone for five minutes and you double the amount of freshman." 

"Hey, you're still an underclassman. It doesn't hurt your street cred as much as mine." Kylie laughs. "I'm Kylie." She says to Marcus. 

"Marcus Bennett Jr." 

"Nice to meet you, Junior." 

"Hi guys!" Maggie walks over.

"Ugh. Another freshman." Kylie groans.

Maggie looks at Marcus and turns really pale. Aww, does my lil nerdy sis think he's cute? She looks over at me with wide eyes. "Hey, Bea, can I talk you you? In private?" She walks over, grabs my arm, and drags me into the girls' bathroom. She checks to make sure it's empty, then locks the door. I didn't even know bathroom doors locked.

"What's wrong, Mag?"

"Who's that guy?"

"Marcus? He's Marcus Bennett Jr. And he's new."

"Well, he happens to look exactly like an old Marcus who Dad, Aunt Bree and Uncle Adam used to know."

Ooooh! Freaky, right? Keep on reading, guys!

 I want you guys to give me some names (BOY NAMES, REMEMBER.) and then when the next chapter is up, I will use the FIRST FOUR (only the first four, no others) for you guys to vote on. Only one name suggestion per reader, please. 

Love yas!

-Grace