13: Bea

Bea's POV

"Marcus? Marcus!" I run through the gym while desperately trying to shove my big foot into my gym shoe. Marcus has been avoiding and ignoring me ever since he found out my family is bionic, and I need to speak with him. 

Today is Partner Trust Day in phy ed, where they pair you up and make you do 'trust' activities with your partner. I need to make Marcus Bennett Jr. my partner.

Marcus turns around when he hears his name, but rolls his eyes once he sees who is calling it.

"Marcus. I need to talk to you." I say.

"About your whacked-out family?" He raises his eyebrows. Luckily, no one else was around to hear him say that. Not that it'd matter, since everyone know my family is a bit whacky.

"Yes. And I'm not 'whacked-out'." I say.

"So your dad and uncle and aunt are. I don't care, Bea. Your parents told me that my dad helped build a killing machine that almost killed them. Don't think we can just be 'friendzies' after that."

Coach Trent Baxton, the crabby gym teacher, walks by, nodding at Marcus and I. "Bennett, Davenport. You two are together."

"Oh come on, Coach!" Marcus groans.

"Sorry." Coach shrugs and walks away. And yes, that is the Trent that my parents went to school with. He's now 47 and lives with his emotionless wife, Zena, who is my English teacher.

Marcus glares at me. "Thanks a lot."

I fake smile. "Don't mention it." I am seriously starting to hate this Marcus kid.

"Okay, listen up, losers! First up is the fall. Yes, you will fall into your partner's arms, and he or she will possibly catch you." Coach says.

"You first." Marcus smiles.

"Oh gee thanks!" I give him a glare. "If you don't catch me, I will personally wreck you." I hiss under my breath.

"Bring it." He snaps. 

"Ready? GO!" Coach blows his whistle.

I take a breath and prepare to fall on the gym floor. Luckily, my parents have trained me in stunt coordination, so I can take this fall with no pain.

Instead of hitting the hard gym floor, I actually land in Marcus's strong arms. "You're welcome." Marcus smirks.

Oh great. That means I actually have to catch him.

Ugh. He's strong and attractive. Why does he have to have such a jerky personality?

We exchange tasks and I easily catch him.

"Wow, you actually trust me?" I snap.

"I have to, if I want to get an A in phy ed."

I roll my eyes. 

We do a few more mind-numbing partner activities before Coach sends us to change. 

I run back towards the locker room, glad that this hour is over.

Someone pats me on the back and I turn around to face Rita Martez. "Wow, Bea. Good for you, getting paired with Hottie McMarcus over there."

"Hottie McMarcus? More like Jerky McMarcus. That guy is a cocky, jerky, snarky SOB who's full of himself." I snap, roughly applying my deodorant.

"So like a male version of you?" Megan Ferdana says. I flip her the bird and slam my locker door shut. 

"Shut up." I say, storming out of the locker room.

Before the door closes, I hear her state, "My point exactly."

The bell rings and we can finally go to lunch. I see my younger sister walking in the hallway with her southern friend and run up to them.

"Mag, do you think I'm a cocky, jerky, snarky SOB who's full of herself?" 

Maggie gives me a blank expression, like she always does. "Technically, you can't be a son of anything, Bea."

I huff. "Answer the rest of the question."

"Yes." She says, then starts walking again.

"Wait!" I run up to her. "Why do you think that?"

"Because you yell and snap at everyone, you're a jerk to everyone, and you're so full of yourself you might as well just be renamed Narcissus." She says, which makes her friend laugh.

"Who the heck is that?" I say. 

Maggie rolls her eyes and her friend laughs, saying, "Get a book, Bea."

"Shut up! Who asked you, Bianca?" I snap.

"It's Blaire, and let's go, Maggie." Bianca or Blaire or whatever the heck her name is grabs Maggie's arm and they walk away.

Whatever.

Who is your favorite OC so far? And favorite actual Lab Rats/Disney XD character? Comment both answers below!

Mine are Maggie for OC, and Chase (obvi) for Lab Rats.

-Grace