Page IV: Trips

When he had snapped back, he was confused to see himself in Jean's office. The first thing he noticed was how the tips of his hair were frosted white and scattered around unevenly around his head, almost like they were bleeding into his original hair color.

The second thing he noticed was how wet his lip felt. He brought his hand up to wipe his mouth on the back of it, but winced and immediately brought his hand away as soon as it touched it. Then he'd noticed the lingering metallic taste in his mouth—a familiar one at that—blood.

At that point, Jean had come back in after whatever she was doing and noticed he was finally aware of his surroundings; he had been sitting up the entire time that he was 'out'. She did a few tests on him, and from the information she gathered from Logan and Charles peeking into the boy's mind, she believes that he has some form of repetitive, localized dissociative amnesia.

[Y/N] wasn't exactly listening to her, so he didn't care what she said. Until she told him Logan was leaving. [Y/N] hadn't run so fast in his life, weaving through the maze-like mansion, looking for the front entrance.

When he found it, he found no Logan. He saw Rogue playing in the room off to the side with others who attended school; he'd go back to talk to her later. He opened the door, stepped out, and looked around, finding Logan putting his stuff on Scott's motorcycle, about to go off on it again.

Before Logan could get on the motorcycle, [Y/N] ran and jumped on his back, clinging to him. He startled Logan, almost making him fall over in the process. "Where we going now?" He asked curiously, looking down at Logan's stuff.

Logan placed his hands under [Y/N]'s knees to keep him from slipping off, looking over his shoulder at the boy. "I have some things to take care of up north." He emphasized the 'I', making sure that [Y/N] knew he was going alone.

[Y/N] frowned at this. They had gone everywhere together since they met; why the sudden change? "You're leaving me here? With... uh... with Scott?!" He dramatically exclaimed, as if mentioning that would change Logan's mind.

Logan put him down, figuring he'd never get him off otherwise. "Yeah, I'm leaving you with Scott; I'm so horrible." He played along with the dramatics, smiling down at the boy, who was not impressed about being put down. "You need to stay here, kid. Get that mutation of yours figured out." He tapped [Y/N]'s nose to make sure he was listening and not spacing out again.

"I already know how to work it..." He grumbled, pushing Logan's hand away, though it didn't move far as it soon embedded into his hair, ruffling it up.

"Yeah, yeah, but they'll train you better than I could right now." Two stubborn guys, they could be there all day going back and forth, but Logan had places he needed to be. "It's not like I'm gonna be gone forever. I'll come back." He didn't promise because something bad could happen that ended up with him not being able to return, and hence breaking the promise.

"For every day you're gone, I'm gonna bite you that many times when you come back." [Y/N] flashed him a toothy smile, showing off his fangs. He was half lying; he did kind of want to bite him.

Logan shook his head, letting out a small laugh. "Yeah, whatever, kid. Be good for them." By 'them', he referred to X-Men, everyone at the school. He knew [Y/N] was a good kid, sometimes.

"Don't die then, old man." He stayed until Logan was out of view. He didn't have any choice now; he had to stay here, in the school for mutants.