Chapter 3

"I- uh...," I was trying to find a way to think that the person he bumped into wasn't me, but I was out of ideas. "I guess... uh, that is me." I was very awkward in this situation. There was silence until I noticed his nosebleed.

"Shoot, your nose is bleeding," I say, digging through my bag for tissues. I found some and I placed it out like I was handing it to Langa, but he leaned his face in like he expected me to wipe it off. I got on my knees and began wiping near his nose. I leaned closer as I looked to see if there was more blood.  Our faces were centimeters away. When I removed the tissue from his face, I could see his face even more up close. His eyes were probably one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. They reminded me of the sea—no, like if it were to snow. But his eyes were blue; why did it remind me of something white? Maybe its his pale face?

There it came again—the painless, bad feeling in my heart. It made it beat faster the closer I was to him. I quickly turned away, got up, and saw his uniform. He was going to the same school as me. Langa saw me look at his uniform; he looked at his own uniform and then looked at mine.

"Oh, we are from the same school. I've never seen you there," he says, getting up but tripping and landing on my shoes. I moved back slightly, helping him up. It looked like he had injured his leg. "Are you new?

"I guess... be careful," I say, helping him up and holding his hand. Langa looked down at his leg and sighed loudly.

"My mom is going to kill me," Langa sighs and then looks up at me with a faint smile. "Hey, do you want to walk together to school?" I didn't want to leave an injured guy like him there so I agreed.

"I guess...but when we get there, you gotta go to the nurse. Your leg...doesn't look that good," I say, really concerned for him. I checked the time and we are running late. "Shit, we are going to be late." I looked around and saw his skateboard. I had an idea, but I didn't want to say it or do it because it was embarrassing, but it was the fastest way to get to school. I stayed quiet but my word vomit took control of me. "We should ride your skateboard. I'll ride it and you hold behind me."

I froze and he froze too, looking in surprise. I suddenly felt hot and my cheeks were red. This never happens unless I am sick.

"N-Not trying to sound weird. It's just that we are going to be late and it's the fastest way an-," I couldn't finish. Langa gave an excited smile.

"Yeah! Let's do it! I could see skateboarding from a professional now," he says excitedly and comes close to me. I moved a step back awkwardly.

"I-I wouldn't call myself an expert," I say, laughing awkwardly. He ignored what I said and waited for me to get on the board like an excited puppy about to get a treat. I got on the board with one leg on the ground and waited for him to get on. Langa gets on but almost falls backwards but he grips onto my waist. I froze immediately and felt goosebumps all over my body. It was really hot, yet I felt really cold as soon as I felt his hands on my waist.

"Woah, I almost fell backwards; we can get going now," he says, smiling. His grip didn't feel pervy at all. Langa looked like a completely innocent person who didn't know that holding a girl's hip was awkward and weird. He seems very oblivious and it was oddly... cu-woah! WOah!! It's not cute! What the hell am I saying? He's just oblivious. Just oblivious!

I began moving my foot as we skateboarded. I didn't want to go too fast to cause an accident again. We were both quiet as the ride went and it was so awkward. All I felt was his fingers getting comfortable on my hips.

"S-So, where's your friend? The red-haired one," I ask, trying to get rid of this awkward feeling between us two.

"Oh, Reki? I really don't know. I think he's just late. He does that sometimes.," Langa says as he only stood on one leg since his other one was injured. He put all his balance on me and, luckily, I was a good skateboarder, so I didn't tumble.

"Hey, I never caught your name," Langa says, looking at me curiously.

"Asuka," I mutter quietly as I start speeding up a little.

"That's a cute name," Langa says. I felt a small hint of butterflies in my stomach.

"A-Anyways, you're Langa, right?" He nods his head. "What year are you in?"

"Second year, class 2-1," Langa says. "What about you?" My legs kept moving, but my body was stiff. I was in his class, which means I'll be seeing him every day. Then I'll have this stupid feeling every day! Oh god, but I can't really hide it from him that I'm in the same class as him.

"Oh, I'm in Class 2-1 as well," I mutter softly.

"That's sweet! You, me, and Reki can all hang out a lot! I mean, we are friends, right?" Langa says that like he expects me to say yes. Since when did I become his friend? He got hurt because of me, so I'm helping him. There is no friend in this.

"Uh, yeah, sure," I say. I mean, I didn't want to be rude and at least I would have some friends, so Uncle Kaoru wouldn't be worried about me being lonely. That seemed to excite Langa. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell by the way he tightened his grip on my hips.

"Hey, can you not grip my hips that tightly?" I ask awkwardly.

"Oh, sorry, does it hurt?" He asks worrisomely.

"No, it's just awkward," I say. He looked at me in confusion.

"How is it awkward?"