Chapter 10

"N-No way," I say.

"Oh well, it's either that or red-head is my dog!" The kid says. There was a slight fear in Reki's eyes. 

"Wait! Let us talk about this. Miya, give us like 5 minutes," Reki says with a nervous chuckle. The whole crowd groaned, and Reki pulled close to him and Langa, like it was a group discussion. So, his name was Miya.

"There is no way I'm doing this. My uncle will kill me! I think I did enough to upset him today," I whisper-scream. 

"Please! My whole reputation will be ruined if I'm his dog. Besides, I'm scared on what Miya has planned," Reki says, basically begging.

"Please Asuke! Besides, your pretty good too," Langa also begs.

"Did you not hear what I said? My uncle will kill me!" I say. "You saw how angry he got when you hugged me."

"Come on, it's like paying Langa back after how you injured him," Reki says, trying to persuade me. It made me pause for a second. Maybe if I do this race, I won't feel guilty about Langa anymore.

"Well, you don't have to pay me back, but I'd really appreciate it if you did. Besides, your uncle isn't anywhere here!" Langa says. The two paused and gave me puppy eyes while coming to my face. I rolled my eyes slightly with a pout and a hint of blush.

"Fine..." I mutter. Langa and Reki high-fived each other gleefully.

"I accept your challenge, I guess. Miya, was it?" I ask. Miya smirks.

"Very bold of you, and get ready to accept your defeat too," Miya says. He has a lot to say for a kid. It was getting on my nerves. I sighed and held out my board. In front of us was the traffic light, going from red to yellow, and 

GO!

Miya immediately went, but I stayed. I stared at the way the mountain was going down. Langa and Reki were screaming at me to go. I took a deep breath, threw my board at an angle, and got on. I pushed three times and bent at a right angle while putting my hands parallelly behind me while I started picking up speed.

I was muttering under my breath some calculations about the slope and predicting how many miles per hour I was going in. With that, I looked at a slope going up. I got up it while pushing myself away from it, making me go faster.

"She might crash if she goes this fast on the next turn," Reki says fearfully. I had that all covered and got on the rim of my skateboard while going on the curve. It stunned everyone, including Miya.

Soon, we came to the last stage, and I was a foot in front of Miya, but he was starting to catch speed. I got on the pole of the staircase and slid down. I was right at the finish line, and there was a pebble there.

I crossed the line feeling easy and relaxed, but I immediately turned around to see that Miya didn't see the pebble there, and he was so focused on my victory that he fell to the ground after tripping over that rock. 

There were some people laughing at him, and Miya felt annoyed and embarrassed.

"I guess I lost," he mutters. "I'm your dog, so I'll do whatever, I guess." I scrunched my nose and put my hand out for him.

"I don't want you to be my dog, and I got to say, it was fun versing you," I say, slightly smiling. He looked awkwardly at me but got up without taking my hand.

"I don't need your hand," he mutters.

"Hey, there's nothing in losing, okay? We should skate more often." I was trying to be nice, but this kid won't take it.

"Fine, but next time I WILL win!" Miya declares. I put my hand out and chuckled. Annoying but low-key cute.

"Kay, whatever," I teased and ruffled his hair. Before I could turn around, Langa came to me fast with his crutches but lost balance and fell on me excitedly.

"You did it!!" Langa says, surprised while being on top of me. Reki laughs at seeing us in this situation. My whole face turns pink.

"Langa!!! Get off me," I say, hiding my face.

"What's wrong with me being on top of you?" He asks, confused.

"People will get the wrong idea!" I huff.

"What idea?" Langa looks at Reki, and Reki is dying of laughter. He helped Langa back up, and I got back up too.

"Thank you so much, Asuke. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here," Reki says, high-fiving me.

"It's...whatever. As long as my oji-san doesn't know," I say.

"Well, wasn't that a splendid performance?" I heard an unfamiliar voice say it from behind. I turned around to see who it was. Everyone was cheering, clapping, and whispering. A tall man with blue hair and a mask on came towards me, Langa, and Reki. "You must be Asuke, I'm assuming...Asuke Sakurayashiki?"

"Y-Yea, but how do you know? I don't think I-I caught your name either," I stutter slightly. He completely ignores me.

"Yes, you have given me interest. What beautiful hair you have...my eve. We must once skate together! Skate as a couple should!" The man says. I looked confused and really uncomfortable. I hid slightly behind Langa.

"At first, I was interested in Langa, and boohoo, he couldn't skate but I think I must have found someone more interesting." He says this, pushing Langa to the ground and coming closer to me. "Say, shall we skate together next time, my dear?"

"Stay away from here, Adam," I heard a familiar voice say from behind. I looked there to see my uncle. He immediately grabs me and places me behind him.

"My niece and you are going to have nothing in prevalence. You filthy rat, going for a teenage girl," my uncle says, holding onto me tightly.

"I like them young, especially with raw talent like that! We will rule skateboarding!" Adams says. I stood there in slight fear and awkwardness. I heard some groaning from behind to see Langa still on the ground.