Notable Blizzard

The cold wind bit at your cheeks as you drove down the dark road. It was late at night and the only light source was from the bright headlights of the car. It all started with a simple disagreement with your parents, but it quickly escalated into a heated argument and you leaving.

The radio was turned off, the only sound was the soft hum of the engine and the occasional swish of the windshield wipers. You couldn't help but feel a sense of unease, the snow was falling heavily, coating the road in a thick blanket of white.

As you drove, the landscape outside seemed to blur together, your mind too clouded with emotions to fully take in your surroundings. There were people walking around with neon-orange lights, but what popped out the most was the massive wall of snow.

You started to worry as you realized that it was an avalanche had blocked the only road that led up to your house. A person started to walk up to your car, tapping on the window. You looked to your side to see an officer, crossing his arms from the cold. You quickly rolled down the window and before he could say anything you asked, "What happened?"

The officer started to explain the situation. "The avalanche occurred earlier this night, around 6pm," the officer began. Your eyes widened in surprise as you heard the time, you had taken the road just before then. "This was a massive one, completely blocking the road and causing damage to the house down the hill. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but it's going to take some time to clear the road."

You sighed in disappointment, "I was supposed to be getting home around now, my parents are practically waiting for me." The officer chuckled. "Well, looks like Mother Nature had other plans for you. But don't worry, we'll get this road cleared up as soon as possible." You poked your head out of the window. "It's New Year's Eve, I gotta get home," you complained as the officer started to walk away. Due to the howling wind the officer had to yell back, "Just find some shelter for the while, this blizzard is going to get worst!"

"There's no places around here for miles! Where am I supposed to go?"

"Go to that diner at the bottom of the hill, it's the closest thing around!" And with that he went to work with his colleagues about the avalanche. Feeling frustrated and defeated, you slumped back into your seat, closing the window with a pouting face. You looked back and started to back out, mumbling, " 'Go to the diner', what am I supposed to do in a damn diner?"