An Hour Before Countdown

You let out a sigh as you realized that your soup was now cold, the steam that had once risen from it now nonexistent. But you were starving and had to eat, so you lifted your spoon to take the first mouthful. Suddenly, the power went out, plunging the diner into darkness. "This night can get worse," Bakugo muttered in disbelief.

The waitress came out and said, "We have a generator, it'll be fine for the night!" Kirishima stood up and stated, "I'll go help them out, they'll need some help." Without any other comments Kirishima went off into the double doors of the kitchen.

You tapped on the table with your spoon, staring at Bakugo. "Even though I had an argument with my parents, I think I want to be home right now, eating something warm and cuddling up with them for the countdown," you said.

Even though you could barely see him, he gave you an acknowledging nod. "Right now if the storm didn't do shit, I'd be sitting on a couch watching Kirishima," Bakugo added. "I think I rather be here with you...and if shitty hair's needed."

Then Kirishima walked in, covered with snow. "We can't get outside, it's blocked by maybe a foot of snow!"

"A foot?" You repeated. Kirishima nodded as he shivered. "Take off the damn coat before you freeze to death, Eijiro," Bakugo scolded. You fished through your pockets for one important thing, your phone. You checked the time.

An hour before midnight.

You slammed your head against the table with a groan, "I'm gonna miss it!" The two men stared at you confused, Kirishima shaking off the coat as he confusely stared at you. "I'm going to start the New Year with an argument at hand," you complained as you covered your face with your hands.

Bakugo shrugged at Kirishima when he gave him a look. Kirishima scooted in beside you, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "I don't think the New Year is about starting everything perfect. I think it's supposed to be a year to be a new you, to fix mistakes and do things you've never got to do in the last year."

You looked up at Kirishima, trying to understand his perspective. "Don't tell me you got that from a book or something," you replied with teary eyes. "Nope, his stupid words are all him," Bakugo responded. You sat up, wiping the tears from your eyes. "Ok."

"Atta girl," Bakugo said with a grin as he ruffled your hair.