-𝕡𝕦𝕕𝕕𝕝𝕖𝕤-

The project ended quickly. While I was busy passing Senku multiple different chemicals and tools, I also managed to figure my way around the hundreds of drawers and cupboards in the lab.

The clean-up was smooth and I avoided tripping on unnecessary spills of liquid, which is always a bonus.

“I think we're done packing up. You ready to go y/n?”

I put one last beaker in place and lifted my school backpack onto my shoulder, “yeah, I think so”

I walked out ahead of him and turned In the direction of the main school gate and lockers while he silently trailed behind. I placed my bag on the floor while I pulled my keys out.

As I twisted the lock, I noticed heavy pitter pattering from against the door, and when I turned it was raining like crazy outside. Before I could say anything, Senku interrupted my thought process.

“That rain might be an issue, I might stay indoors for a while till it calms down. You can manage to the bus stop by yourself, I'm assuming?”

I noticed he didn't have a coat nor an umbrella, and I felt a bit bad since I did. I pulled my umbrella out of my locker and shrugged.

“You could use my umbrella if you wanted to? I don't mind sharing”

He considered for a second before glancing outside the door once again and hesitantly nodded his head.

“Alright, just don't end up hitting me with it”

I opened up my umbrella and held it above both of us, Senku wasn't much taller than me, so it wasn't hard to get it above his head. (I'm sorry if he is a lot taller than you shorrty)

The walk was slow and boring, trying to avoid puddles and constantly having to check on my bag to make sure my books didn't get wet, though Senku didn't seem bothered. He was just casually texting someone on his phone who I was assuming was probably his dad.

I took a breath and stared at the sky. The sun was just starting to set, but the dark clouds blocked the view. Yet there was something comforting in the way they moved, carrying water with them and drizzling it down everywhere. I got easily mesmerised and didn't realise when I stepped into a particularly slippery puddle and felt my feet fall out from beneath me.

“Ah-!”

“Oye! Watch it!-”, I heard senku yell before I somehow managed to stabilise myself.
I blinked a couple times and looked up at him to see the umbrella was on the ground and his hair was soaked, his green tinted hair that normally stood up was pouring down on his forehead and neck, I never really noticed How long it was..it suits him actually.. I also noticed his arm was out in front of me as if he was going to catch me if I did end up falling. He cleared his throat aggressively to bring me back to reality.

I caught myself staring, instinctively I shook my head as he raised an eyebrow in impatience while grabbing the umbrella.

“watch where you're going, idiot. You chose the worst possible time to zone out. We're gonna miss the bus at this rate.”

“yeah, my bad..”

I reached out for the umbrella but Senku pulled it out of reach sternly, “if you can't take care of yourself on the road there's no way in hell I'm letting you hold this thing, it'll end up In my eye”

I didn't argue and let Senku hold it the rest of the way to the bus stop, which in the end I realised would probably have been a better idea from the beginning.

The rest of the way was boring. We ended up getting the bus and then went our separate ways. I had to think about what to take to the amusement park trip, including extra money, because I owed a certain leek some lunch.

Later on in the day after id finished most of my work and also made a fully fledged plan on how to force senku onto that spinny space ride at the amusement park I flattened myself onto my bed, the soft mattress felt like s true blessing after staying at school for so long and having wet socks all the way home after that.

I heard a soft notification sound come from my phone, and I lazily dragged my arm across to the table and picked it up, it was Taiju.

Taiju : Hey y/n! It's Yuzuriha's birthday in like two days, right? 31st March I think?

Oh shit.. I completely forgot about that..I was so caught up with this whole trip nonsense that I forgot my BEST FRIENDS, BIRTHDAY.

I breathed in, I'll have to go shopping tomorrow or it'll be too late.

Me : Hey! Yeahh it's on Saturday, why?

Taiju : I was thinking of planning a surprise for her, but I forgot, I wonder if you think we could still pull it off if we plan it now?

Me : Uh, maybe? What do you have in mind?

Taiju : We could all take her to a dessert shop! They do birthday stuff sometimes if you book a room.

Me : That sounds fun, should I make a group chat with you, me, and senku in it so we can find out how to make it a surprise?

Taiju : That sounds good y/n, thanks!

We planned for a while until we came up with a solid idea, we'd get me to bring yuzuriha to the dessert shop, assuming it's just us two hanging out, Senku books the vacancy and places an order for a plain white iced cake. And taiju buys a shit tonne of different colors of icing so we can all decorate it together once we surprise her at the dessert shop.

Before i went to bed, I remembered that I still had to fill out the consent form for the amusement part trip and hurriedly texted Senku.

Me : Hey, have you filled out the consent form?

He didn't seem to see my message until Like 5 minutes later..

Senku : What consent form?

Me : the amusement park trip one!

Senku : No, I'll do it now. Have you filled it out?

Me : I'm doing it right this moment. Do you know what we should take?

Senku : it's only a day trip, right? I don't see the need to bring excessive stuff, just money and sunscreen should be enough, sunglasses. If you're really sensitive, maybe?

Me : All right, that sounds good.

We both filled out our forms, and I lay back in my bed, I wanted to continue the conversation, but I had no idea what to talk about.

Senku : The hell are you still doing up anyway? Go to sleep.

Me : I'd ask you the same thing!

Senku : I'm always up late, I was doing work. speaking of, I have to go finish it. I'll see you tomorrow.

Senku : Goodnight.

I slumped back in my bed, his priorities were always his science things and I'm not one to change that. I was upset but he was right, I was up at an ungodly hour and I needed sleep.

Me : goodnight :)

(I REWROTE THE ENTIRE THING WAAAAA)

This was painful guys it's 1am. I need sleep.