31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.

Author's note: Sorry for breaking the promise about the 8k votes. I had an unexpected surgery but I'm alright now. Thanks for your patience.

Ariana G.

Chapter Thirty-one

Chemistry.

Chemistry had a lot to do with love. After all, our brains were the ones making us feel, love, think and guess what was inside our brains? Chemicals and substances that communicated among each other to make our body function and develop our personalities, our feelings.

Love wasn't only about having common likes and dislikes or learning to care about another person. It was also about finding that person attractive in a way you had never found someone before.

Having chemistry with a person is necessary to fall in love. Evan woke things in me that I had no idea were there. My body reacted to his in perfect sync and chemistry. I was heavily attracted to his looks. His smell enticed me, the way his skin fell against mine, the way his lips matched with mine. His voice enchanted me.

So biologically speaking, I was screwed.

Wow, someone's been paying attention to her biology class.

And I wasn't even mentioning his personality and everything that made me love him more every day.

I was hopelessly in love with the guy.

I had realized this as soon as I stepped on that living room. That strong pull between us made me swallow. It was pure, thick attraction.

Evan hadn't noticed me. He was throwing chunks of woods in the fire. He was all in black as usual, wearing a casual black shirt and dark pants. He looked even more handsome than I remembered.

But as if feeling my stare, he looked at me. His dark eyes met mine and I stopped breathing right there. His shock expression morphed into confusion very quickly. What are you doing here? That question was written all over his face. He straightened his body, looking ridiculously tall. He made everything around him look small. He shook the dust of wood from his hand and pulled the sleeves of his shirt back down his wrists. I shivered under his intense gaze.

"Oh, brother, I didn't know you were back already," Helen stepped in behind me. The others followed her like little kids, "Where's auntie?"

Evan gave a quick glance at my group of friends, "She went to bed early, blaming the wine." His deep voice was music to my ears after spending so much time without hearing it.

"Oh well, the guys walked me home. I offered them some hot beverage as a reward." Helen explained, "Make yourself home," she said to us, "Have a seat. I'll go get some cookies and hot cocoa."

My friends all greeted Evan, except for Shane and if Evan noticed that, he didn't seem to care. The living room was cozy and warm. The furniture was brown and wooden decorations were all around us. Lau and Jordan sat on a couch and Shane leaned against the wall behind them. Awkwardly, I sat on the couch next to the fireplace, which was just some feet away from Evan.

My hormones were drooling all over him.

"Why are you guys wearing matching t-shirts?" Shane asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Without our coats, our t-shirts were visible.

"It's a new tradition," Lau shrugged.

Shane shook his head, "And I wasn't included?"

"No," Lau grinned, "We didn't want to customize two more t-shirts."

Shane frowned, "Two?" I smiled, knowing where Lau was going with this.

Lau nodded, "One for you and one for your ego."