37. I can't look at it. I can't.

Chapter thirty-seven

Having something hard pressed against my side woke me up.

Ok, that sounded wrong.

I opened my eyes slowly and pain pounded in my head like an explosion, "Ow." I managed to mumble, blinking. My room was slightly dark but it was day time, it was probably another cloudy, snowy day.

Aside the hard thing pressed against me, there was something heavy on my legs and I was at the edge of the bed.

I squinted my eyes, taking a moment to understand my pressed up situation. It was a good thing my bandaged hand was safe.

Groaning at the headache, I glanced next to me to find the cause of the hard poking: Lau. Her elbow was pressing against my ribs painfully. She was completely asleep, her mouth opened, drooling over the pillow, just lovely.

I tried to push her a little bit away but she wouldn't budge as if there was something behind her not allowing the movement.

Mumbling nonsense, I sat up to get a better view at my bed.

Oh dear Ruffles.

This is not what I expected to wake up to the first day of the New Year.

My bed was a mass of passed out humans entangled in ways I didn't think were possible.

Lau was next to me, Jordan was behind her and Nadia was behind him, her head in the other direction of the bed. Shane and Nash were asleep on my legs, laying across the bed. I could not believe we all fit in the bed and slept in such uncomfortable positions.

My neck hurt, my ribs hurt, and I couldn't feel my legs. How could I? I had two human beings sleeping on them and one of them is snoring.

Nash Sullivan snores, people, loudly.

I slid my legs out of those two as slowly and carefully as possible. My plan didn't work. Why? Because since we were all entangled, if I moved, Shane and Nash moved which means the others across them would move. It was like a domino effect.

But I needed to get those off me. I moved, and everyone moved, groaning and somehow Nadia fell off the bed with a hard thud.

Did she wake up?

No.

Did everyone else?

No, they were completely out of this world.

I felt the need to check their breathings.

I got up and a wave of dizziness washed over me. I held to the wall for a second.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I rubbed my face. Everything hurts and I feel sick. Why did I drink? Why?

Last night...

It came to me in different flashes and moments.

There was a lot of drinking and me speaking nonsense.

Dancing...

Did I...

A blurry memory of Shane's face close to mine startled me. Oh my God!

I gave Shane a lap dance. What was I thinking? You weren't, that's the thing.

I texted Evan.

I was starting to hate my intoxicated self. Drunk texting? Seriously, Jules? I couldn't even face myself in the mirror so I walked out of the room. I wondered why they were all sleeping in my room. They wouldn't dare sleeping in mom's room but there was a guest room downstairs.