12. This is better than late night soap operas.

For those who didn't reach the published version of my Wattpad Love. Crookwell is the name of Jules' town.

And surprise! This chapter starts with a little of Evan's point of view 

Growing up

Chapter Twelve

Evan

140 kph

The white numbers glowed in the darkness of my car. That set off the speed alarm in the car system. I'd had it set up like that to avoid fines for speeding but that night I simply didn't care.

Jules...

I squeezed the steering wheel. I couldn't help picturing her kissing that brainless douchebag inside my head. The image was torturing me, adding fuel to the anger within me. I clenched my teeth.

She was the first person I'd let in since my parents death. She was the first person I trusted. Hell, she was the first one I'd actually opened up and told her the entire story of that night.

Her tears-filled eyes came to my mind, hunting me. I couldn't deny how much it pained me to see her cry, but I was seeing red in that house. I needed to leave. I had to cool down. Besides, I had the right to be selfish.

She kissed him back.

That thought made me sick to my stomach. I loved the girl. I wanted to be everything for her.

She was mine. Period.

The drizzle was turning into heavy rain on my windshield when I reached Crookwell. I stopped on a red light, breathing heavily. To my left I had the street that would lead me to the road to Rivertown and to my right, it was Crookwell, I could see the town's blurred lights from where I was. Jules' worry face rushed to me.

She was right. I was in no condition for driving, I chose Crookwell. It was close and calmed. The road to Rivertown was long and rocky, and with this rain there were probably fallen branches and mud on the way.

I parked in front of a Victorian light green house. I really hoped I chose the right house.

She kissed him back.

Bitterness filled my veins slowly. I killed the engine, resting my forehead on the steering wheel.

Breathe, Evan. Think of a calmed place.

I remembered my therapist words. How could I think of a freaking calmed place when I couldn't stop picturing her in his arms, her soft lips against his own?

"Fuck!" I hit the dashboard three times before leaning back in my seat.

I let out a long breath, messing up my hair. I glanced at the house, unsure of making the right call by coming here but I was too unstable for driving. I grasped a hoodie from my backseat and put it on. It was raining pretty heavily outside.

I got off the car, running through the gardened path to the house. When I was secure beneath the porch's roof, I knocked on the door.

"I'm coming!" I heard her voice and it instantly calmed me. It sounded like home. She opened her door, looking beyond surprise when her eyes landed on me.

"Evan," she whispered, scanning me, "are you alright?"

I shook my head.

Her face contorted in sadness. Without saying a word, she stepped forwards and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face in her neck.

Not only did she sound like home. She smelled like home, too.

After all, she was my home.

Jules.