38. They are my half-siblings.

"Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you,

There's just no one who gets me like you do.

You're my only one."

Chapter Thirty-Eight

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some point in your life? Have you wished you could be a careless child once again? I know you have. Everyone has.

The more you grow the bigger the challenges, the obstacles, the pain. Life gets serious. You get serious. You forget to smile at the morning sun shining down your face. You are too absorbed by your problems to notice the beautiful world surrounding you.

And when life gets hard, you wish more than anything to turn back in time and be that small child who did not know anything when he said "I want to grow up"

Not all is bad though. Everything becomes more intense as you move forward in life. You experience new things, you're always learning something. That is the way is supposed to be. Growing up can be hard and painful but never forget. ..Growing up is necessary.

I finished the page and let out a long breath. That was just the beginning. I had so much to write after all I'd been through for the past year.

"Jules! Dinner's ready!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, getting on my feet.

Mom waited for me on the table, I sat across her. I stared at her watching her serve the food. She looked really good today, she looked rested. I dreaded having this conversation with her. I didn't want to ruin her appetite so we ate in peace. We talked about random things until we were done, before she could stand up to get the dishes, I spoke.

"Mom, we need to talk." I played with my fingers on my lap.

She stood up, picking up the plates, "Yes, sweetie? Tell me while I wash these."

"No, mom, sit down. It's..." I didn't know how to say, "It's important."

She noticed my serious expression, "Ok, you're scaring me."

I let out a long breath, "Do you remember the Sullivan twins?"

"Yeah, they came for dinner some weeks ago. What about them?"

"They are my half-siblings."

Mom's eyes widened, "What?"

"They and I have the same dad." Mom looked petrified, "My father appeared and he wants to see me."

Color drained from my mother's face, "Is he... did he... Wow... I... Have you seen him?"

"No, not yet, apparently he's sick and he wants to see me."

"Sick? How sick?"

I shook my head, "I don't know."

"How old are the twins?"

I knew that question would come, I'd asked them myself, "They're my age, three or four months older."

"Oh." Tears formed in her eyes, "He cheated on me." I simply nodded. There was a pause, "Does he live with the twins' mother?" I nodded again. Mom broke into sobs, breaking my heart.

I got up and walked around the table, I hugged her from behind, "I'm sorry."

"Wow... another woman, that's..."

"I'm sorry, mom." I kissed her head, holding her against me, "It'll be alright. At least, you finally got closure."

Listening to her sobs made my heart ache. I cried with her, big thick tears leaving my eyes while I hugged her in silence. I could understand where she was coming from, the feeling of being abandoned was something she and I would always share.