TWENTY NINE

Raimondo S. Valentini
Las Vegas, Nevada

Kens face when he realized I was his boss was undefeated

Kens face when he realized I was his boss was undefeated. I'm not surprised though, I've never even stepped foot in this place till now. Its usually Rudy and Sergi handling this part, I only step in when I need to play god.

I really should be more hands on.

I inherited so many properties and businesses once Roman passed I'd still hadn't had a chance to look at all of them, It's just always so many things to do. Granted it's been two years so I can only blame myself—maybe if I did, I would've meet Asia a lot sooner.

I had almost lost my cool in front of her just now, I hated the way Ken talked to her. I didn't want to cause a scene at Asias place of work though —I could tell she would be mad at me just from her face when I raised my voice a few minutes ago. She even rushed our kiss.

I fired Ken.

It's not hard to spot the difference between a boss doing their job correctly versus when they just want to feel above everyone and are on a power streak. I haven't even been here ten minutes and he was already pissing me off.

Wide eyes were clear on everyone's face once Ken exited the small office with his head down purposely  avoiding everyone's gaze. He went to his corner of the room and began packing his equipment and taking his sketches off the wall. Making everyone avert their attention to the person in front of them then continuing back to work.

I wanted to give the position to Asia but I know she would never accept it, at least not right now. She would just feel like I was picking favorites. Which I was obviously.

"Excuse me everyone! If I could have your attention for a moment— Ken here will no longer be the dictator of this establishment. A new management position is up for grabs, I believe all of you are great candidates—considering your experience and knowledge of how things work around here."

"Therefore I will be taking the time to review over your credentials and people skills, a decision will be made by the end of the week. Thank you"

The energy in the room seemed to perk up a bit. I could see them looking amongst each other with surprised looks on their faces—some with small smiles. Everyone except for Asia looked somewhat happy. She glared at me for a second before turning around and grabbing the razor from her desk then preceding to shave the hairs off the arm of the man.

Did I do something wrong?

Why do I feel like I'm in trouble?