EP 8: Jip Puuean Rak (Courting my best friend)

How does one woo their best friend?

Dunk knows everything about him. Pond likes to think he knows pretty much everything about Dunk. Pond was pressed for time as well knowing the amount of people thinking of pursuing Dunk, starting with Dew closing in on him.

He started off by buying his favourite sushi, getting his favourite dessert. Despite how slim Dunk was, he was a foodie through and through. But still Pond felt that something was missing. That's when he saw the strawberry bouquet at the shop. He knew that was it. Dunk will know that it wasn't just their usual buddy dinner but he was serious about changing the nature of their relationship. He was humming a tune, doing a few dance steps. He can't wait to get back home to Dunk.

***

Of all the things he expected when he opened the door to his apartment, he didn't expect Loverukk to be sitting at the dining table along with Dunk.

"Oh Pond, you shouldn't have. I understand that Dunk is important to you and you should take care of his wellbeing first. He is your best friend after all." Pond was stumped when Loverukk grabbed the bouquet of strawberries out of his hands before he could even say anything.

"Pond is a romantic at heart. I'll leave you two lovebirds." Pond saw Dunk walked towards the bedroom. To say that Pond was frustrated was an understatement. He puts the food in the fridge trying to calm himself and think his way out of this. There was no other way but to clear off this Loverukk issue.

"How did you know where I stay?" Pond was curious as to how she ended up here because Dunk will never willingly disclose something like this without asking him first.

"AJ gave me your address. We didn't manage to finish our dance and I wanted to get to know you more" He was cursing AJ, his basketball teammate, in his mind but what got him really nervous was her being within his personal space. She was hugging him and aiming for a kiss. He pushed her away.

"I'm sorry if I have misled you in anyway but I'm really not interested with you. Please take that bouquet as an apology." He knew he wasn't going to get the bouquet back and for him to give it to Dunk after seeing Loverukk with it left a foul taste in Pond's mouth. Pond led her out of the apartment without giving her a chance to speak. He let out a deep sigh once he closed the door.

How was he going to set things straight with Dunk now?

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊