Chapter 4: New & Too New

Psalm 30:11 - You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,

6 Months Later

"Ma'am, where would you like this to go?"

"Oh! I'll help you," I said, sharply nodding my head at the mover as a way to say 'I gotchu.'" I sped over to the slender Hispanic man and cooperated with him to move the forest-green sofa to the right place. After a few times lifting and moving the sofa a little bit, I was finally able to confidently say that it was centered against the wall. I stood up firmly with my hands on my hips. "It's coming together..." I said with a soft smile.

After spending so long in the house Trystan and I were planning to start a family in, the Holy Spirit was pushing me to sell it to someone who needed it. It turned out that a retired and wealthy man along with his wife wanted to buy the house for three times the original price! I didn't understand why, but I just continued to thank the Lord for His unfailing kindness. Never would I have imagined having the kind of money I did right now.

So, now, I'm feeling a tad bit like Abraham: believing in a promise and walking by faith. Except right now, I have possessed the land and received the inheritance. After much prayer and fasting, the Lord led me to buy this apartment complex. It was beautiful. So much so that I had doubts about if I would be able to maintain its unique beauty on my own, but Abba reminded me that it's not by might, not by power, but by His Spirit!

Ugh! The Spirit of the Lord was upon me! I was smiling and helping the movers, of course, but I just wanted to jump around, shout, cry, and bow down before my King because I was in a place where I never imagined to see myself. Yes, I still had my nights, mornings, afternoons, and days, but God saw me through every single one.

By the time we had finished moving in all of the furniture, it was looking even closer to the vision I had in mind. "Yes!!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands as I looked around at my new space. The colors were a mix of forest green, brown, gold, red and orange. Lots of autumn colors that gave a sleek and elegant retro look. I could happily say I was proud of how cute and comfy it looked.

As I glanced around, the movers seemed to like it too. I chuckled. "Why don't you guys have a seat at the table? I'll get you guys something to drink and a snack if you'd like!" I offered politely. The four men seemed shocked as though they'd never received any kind of hospitality before, all of them looking at each other with unreadable expressions.

Finally, one of them decided to take up the offer and seated himself at the dining table, taking his hat off and placing it in his lap. "We'd appreciate it. Do you have orange juice?" the man said, his green eyes holding a special kindness. I looked at him in awe.

"Yes, I do actually~" I answered, gushing at his sweet response. It may have seemed like a casual response to anyone else, but I truly appreciated his willingness to receive my offer. 

The other men quickly followed suit, shuffling to pull out their chairs. Some asked for water, others asked for orange juice. As I grabbed their beverages, the first man that had sat down spoke again. "So, you've got a pretty promising pursuit going on. Do you plan on doing anything downstairs?" He asked. 

I brought their beverages to them, the thunking sound of the glass cups being set on the wooden table filling the silence as I thought to myself. "You mean opening a restaurant or a cafe?" I asked for elaboration with an answer already in mind. The man smiled as he took his drink with gratitude and tapped his finger on the glass. "Yeah. I was thinking a cafe," he said. His green eyes were very attractive and kind. 

I scratched my eyebrow as a means to hide my face as I chuckled at my own thoughts. "Well, I did think about that, but I see that there are already enough cafe's down there, y'know?" I explained. When I had first come to see the complex about two months ago, I admired the different cafe's downstairs, but I just wasn't interested in opening my own. For now, I would stick to being a landlord. "I also don't wanna put too much on my hands at once, unless it be the Lord's will," I added. 

I noticed the man's eyes glint just a bit. "Ah, are you religious?" He asked. 

"Well, I try to obey God's law the best I can, but yes, I am Christian," I answered. I didn't want to make it awkward by over explaining, but I might've. 

One of the other movers added. "What's a beautiful woman of God like you doing alone?" He leaned forward on the table, looking intrigued. 

I laughed uncomfortably. I could tell I was in a situation my kindness may have put me in. I really didn't want to answer that question, but I also didn't want to be aggressive with them for something they didn't know about. "Haha... Are you guys finished with your drinks?" I changed the subject quickly. The man who I had originally been speaking to seemed to have read the room as he stood up quickly. "Yes, I think we've used up enough of your time, ma'am," he said, grabbing each of his coworkers cups. "I'll help you bring these to the kitchen."

I nodded as he walked past me to the kitchen. He set the cups down beside the sink and turned to me, glancing at his coworkers who were gathering their things. "Look, I'm sorry if he made you uncomfortable... He doesn't have common sense sometimes," he said. His green eyes looking at me apologetically. I smiled at him. He was very kind. 

"It's okay. I won't hold it against him," I responded. He didn't seem like he wanted to leave just yet, but he backed away, turning to join his coworkers as they approached the front door and handed him his bag. I quickly went to open the door for them, giving them each a smile, a farewell, and a 'thank you.' The green eyed man was the last out the door, but he turned around to face me with an unreadable expression. "Hey..." he said. 

I tilted my head to the side in question. He looked at me with such an apologetic expression. "If you're gonna apologize again, you don't have to worry-"

"No- I'm sorry," he interrupted. "I wanted to ask you..." He scratched the nape of his neck in frustration. I only watched him in amusement. He was a spectacle to the eye, for me at least. 

"Sandro!" his peers hollered from down the hallway. 

"I'm coming!" he whisper yelled. I could only laugh. I was glad they said his name because I didn't want to ask again... His soft green eyes flickered to me, interest etched in his expression as he watched me laugh. 

"Can I take you on a date?" he finally asked. 

Oh.