CHAPTER 13

WARNING: This chapter contains rape, violence, sexual harassment and mass torture. This chapter is disturbing for minor, so you better skip this if it's inappropriate to you.

____________

Catriona changed her clothes to new ones. When she finished, she went back to the event hall and sat with Jen in their assigned tables.

She and her friends feast together to their table and talk about their work and their private lives.

WHEN VERONICA was busy going to the tables to greet her guest and talk to them. Carl, a 40 yrs old man in suit, with a big stomach and has an uneasy look on his face, Carl approaches Veronica and talks to her.

"Ms. Veronica, may i ask where your secretary is?" Carl asked with a strange look on his face. Biglang nairita si Veronica dahil sa tanong at tinginan ng matanda. Kanina pa niya ito pinagmamasdan na tila bay may masamang balak ito kay Catriona.

Her calm expression turned menance as she walked towards him and stopped. She then starts to look down on him as if he's a pest.

"And what do you want from my secretary?" Veronica asks in a cold tone with a menacing look on her eyes. The people around them felt a heavy atmosphere because of her cold aura. Carl felt shiver down to his spine, feeling her cold gaze pierce to his soul.

Carl nervously laughs and speaks. "I just wanted to meet her, that's all."

"She's busy and tired because of their performance earlier. So, don't disturb her." Mariin niyang sambit na may halong pagbabanta. Ngunit parang wala iyon kay Carl at nagpatuloy sa pagsasalita.

"Don't overthink it Veronica, I just wanted to talk with her that's all" he replied however, Veronica didn't believe in him dahil kita niya sa kilos ni Carl na nagsisisnungaling ito ay may binabalak na masama kay Catriona. Lumapis si Veronica sa kanya at bumulong sa kanyang tainga.

"Listen here, you perverted freak. If you touch her even if it's strand of her hair, i will kill you and feed your flesh to my dogs. Wag mo kong subukan Carl kung ayaw mong makita kaagad si santanas" mariin na bulong nito sa kanya at lumayo na may bahid ng ngisi sa kanyang labi Tinapik nito ang balikat ni Carl at tumawa ng pilit.

"Mr. Gonzales, I know you're tired because of your age. I will guide you to your table. " Veronica didn't wait for his reply. She pulled his hand and sat him on his chair. His daughter, Julie, looks at her father with a worried look on her face.

"Father, are you alright? You're sweating." Julie said in a worried tone.

Veronica gave Julie a warm smile and then pat Carl's shoulder.

"He's alright. Carl just wanted to take a rest. He says to me that he's tired so I assist him here. Please take care of him. " Julie's mouth curved into a smile as she sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Ms Veronica."

Carl felt her hand gripping on his shoulder tightly. He took a glimpse on Veronica and saw how she fake her expression towards his daughter. Based on how she grips on his shoulder tightly, he can see that she's mad. Carl looked at her daughter and saw that she was gone. Veronica leaned in close to his ears and whispered coldly.

"Don't forget that you have a daughter, Mr. Carl, or else if you want her to be gone.." Veroncia threatened at him, then she walked away. His eyes were fuming in anger and gaze to Veronica, who was now talking with another guest.

Carl clenched his first tightly. A snicker smile draws on his lips and laughs in disbelief.

"You think you can scare me with your words? You're just a woman, Veronica. Wala kang laban sa lalaking katulad ko" tumingin si Carl sa table malapit sa kanila kung saan masayang nagkukwentuhan si Catriona at ang kanyang mga ka-trabaho Malawak na ngumisi si Carl at nag-antay ng oportunidad upang lumapit kay Catriona.