Chapter One

I'm standing under the forest's thick cover of leaves. I don't know how I got here, but I know that I'm meant to be. Trees are all around me, hiding me deep inside. I peer down to find that I'm barefoot and only in a simple tank top and long pajama bottoms.

                I glance up to find that I'm not alone. I immediately know why I'm here. I can't make out any features on the figure about twenty feet in front of me. I can tell, though, that they are male. When our eyes finally meet I'm left speechless.

                I'm caught mesmerized by a pair of glowing, sapphire eyes.

                "Mine," he growls causing a shiver to run down my spine.

I wake up gasping for air and covered in sweat.

I have no idea who the man in my dream is, but I feel like I know him. Never in my life has a dream felt so real. I could feel the slightly damp earth below my feet. The gentle breeze felt cool and smelt so sweet and fresh. Even the man in the dream felt as real as life.

I sit up in my bed, "Whoa," I whisper clutching the covers close to my chest.

Mine. The single word he growled keeps replaying in my mind. I close my eyes, thinking about his low and husky voice.

"It's just a dream," I mean what else could it be? Laughing at my strange reaction to a dream, I reach over to check the time on my phone.

My eyes widen to the size of oranges, "Oh my goodness! I'm going to be late to work!" I quickly jump out of bed and run for the bathroom.

After doing the quickest bathroom and make-up routine ever, I sprint to my closet and threw on my favorite pair of scrubs and sneakers. Along with my underwear of course. I quickly spritz on some perfume and grabb my phone and bag. Before I leave my room I look at myself in my mirror. My blonde hair up in a basic pony tail looks boring as ever. My green eyes, fierce as ever, looking back at me being the only striking thing about my appearance.  I head towards the front door thinking I could pass the kitchen and just skip breakfast when my stomach lets out a very loud growl.

"Down girl!" I yell at my growling stomach. When my stomach lets out another growl I give in, "Fine, I'll get something to go," I huff, grabbing a banana.

After a twenty minute drive to the hospital I work at, I'm finally here. I step into the elevator and press the button for the fourth floor. I've always been a sucker for elevator music, so being alone I felt safe enough to dance. I started to bust out my best moves, which include the sprinkler, grocery shopping, and, of course, the robot. I was so engrossed in dancing I didn't notice that the elevator doors had opened a few floors too early.

"Uh-hum," Someone clears their throat causing me to whip around to look.

My face turns as red as a tomato when I find that a very attractive man has caught me dancing like a fool. My face grows ever more red when I see that he has a smirk on his lips. And may I add that his lips look like the most kissable lips I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of lips.

"Sorry," I mumble embarrassedly before scooting over to my corner of the elevator.

"Going to the fourth floor I see," he says. His voice sounds oddly familiar.

"Yeah," I risk a quick glance his way, "Are you going to the fourth too?"

"Yes, actually, my sister's going to be having her baby today," As he's talking I take in his appearance. He has the face of a God and a jaw bone carved from marble. His hair is black and, to my surprise, messy. It looks so soft and sexy that I'm barely able to hold my hand back from touching it. He definitely couldn't be much older than me.

I look up into his eyes next, and the brilliant sapphire orbs I find take my breath away. Nothing could have prepared me for the shock that ran down my spine. By the look on his face, I could tell he felt something too. Brushing this off, I try to think up something else to say.

"Is your sister Olivia Love by any chance? I'm actually going to be helping deliver her baby today," I beam as I say this. I take pride in the job that I have here. Not many people can say that they specialize in bringing people into the world.

"Yep, that's her," he confirms with a breath taking smile.

"So is your last name Love then?" I find myself craving to know more about this man.

"Oh, no! She's married to Jake Love. How rude of me not to have introduced myself! I'm Xavier Owens." He pulls on the lapels on his black leather jacket I just noticed he was wearing. I've always been a sucker for a guy in a black leather jacket.

"I'm Violet Hoover." I stick my hand out for him to shake. He looks at it for a second before smirking and grabbing my outstretched hand. I jump a little at the spark that jolts through me for the second time today, before shaking his hand.

I let go of his hand reluctantly as the elevator doors open, "Well I guess I'll see you around then," he smiles. We part ways as I head to clock into work and he heads to his sisters suite.

---.....---

I ended up not seeing Xavier again for the rest of the day. He wasn't even in the room when his sister was giving birth. I don't blame him though, I wouldn't want to see that much of my sister either if I had one. I can't help but feel kind of sad, thinking I'll probably never see him again.

The drive home was uneventful and I'm glad it was. I couldn't wait to drop dead in my bed and sleep. Today has been an extremely long day.

Of course, before I could make it past the kitchen my stomach decided to protest loudly for the second time today. I was forced to make a quick turkey sandwich that I ended up bring to my room to eat while I scrolled through my phone.

Once I finished my sandwich I headed downstairs to put my dirty dish in the sink. On my way I passed my big, glass sliding doors that lead out onto my porch. I had to do a quadruple take because I could have sworn I saw a man standing out there. I've never one to be afraid of the dark, or one to hallucinate for that matter, but I swear I'm seeing things. First the dream, now this?

I walk into the kitchen with the feeling I'm being watched. Trying to ignore it, I grab a glass of water and head back upstairs where I get changed into my pajamas and, soon after, pass out on my bed from exhaustion.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hey guys! I'm back and I just updated this chapter.. A LOT!

You should definitely re-read if you read it a long time ago... like over a year ago... oops.

Anyway, I hope everyone likes this new version. I definitely feel like right of the bat it's a lot more mature. If you read the previous version please tell me what you think of this so far.

(1220 words)

~Megan