Chapter Six

My lips melted against his and so did the rest of me.

His lips moved skillfully against my own, his tongue skimming my bottom lip asking for entrance. I allowed him in and deepened the kiss. While our tongues danced with each other Xavier gently pushed me up against the island.

"Xavier," I moaned as his lips trailed across my jaw and he placed wet kisses down my neck.

He growled in response, pushing me further against the island. Our chests were so close that it was getting hard to breath.

"Say it again kitten," he demanded huskily.

My jaw hung open, but no sounds escaped my throat. When he got no reply, Xavier hooked his hand behind my knee and pulled it up to his hip. This caused us to only get closer. My leg holding my up buckled at the knee, he was the only thing holding me up anymore.

"Say my name," he demands again pushing his hips harder against my own. I'm unable to respond again.

A quiet growl escapes his throat causing me to come back from this euphoria high, "We should stop," I say, gently pushing against his chest.

He surprises me and nods his head before backing away a few inches. I smile to myself when I notice that he's just as out of breath and flustered as me. It's a confidence booster to see that you have the same effect over someone as they do you. Especially someone like Xavier.

He takes a deep breath and cringes, "What's that smell?"

"Huh?" I sniff the air and my eyes immediately bulge out of my head, "The pancakes!"

I push Xavier away from me and lunge for the stove. The pancakes are smoking and the bacon looks extra-extra well done.

"Shit, shit, shit," I whisper, opening a window and throwing the smoking pancakes out of it.

Xavier chuckles at this, but I ignore him, too busy trying to get the smoke to dissipate before the smoke alarms go off.

I grab a rag and jump up onto the counter we were previously leaning against and start to hastily fan the smoke alarm. I turn my head to glare at Xavier who is still laughing at me from next to the stove.

"Thanks for the help, pal," I say sarcastically, emphasizing the last bit.

"No problem, sweet cheeks," He smirks at me as I squint my eyes at him again.

Taking a quick sniff and looking around, I decide that the room is no longer clouded in smoke and hop down from the island.

"Look what you've done! Here we are, back at square one." I huff, putting my hands on my hips.

I push on  his chest to make him move from in front of the stove. He takes a few steps back, but grabs my wrists, halting my progress.

"I think it's safe to saw we're way past square one now," He smirks and attempts to put his arms around my waist.

I quickly duck to avoid becoming trapped against him and laugh at the look of disappointment on his face. Maybe if he wasn't so intoxicating to me I wouldn't have to avoid entrapment.

"I just want to make these pancakes," I turn towards the stove and pour some more pancake mix onto the now empty pan, "I'm not making any bacon this time though. Think of it as your punishment for letting me burn our first attempt at breakfast."

He grunts at this, but takes a seat at the island to wait for his pancakes.

I begin to get aggravated with Xavier's heated gaze on me as I finish up with the pancakes.

"You know, you could grab two plates from the cabin over there instead of staring at me slave over this stove," I bark, gesturing with my head toward the cabinet next to the sink.

"Of course," He says, getting up and walking around the island, "Oops," He whispers as he purposefully brushes against me on his way to the cabinet with the plates.

I huff at him, but continue on with my task of making pancakes without burning the house down. He turns around and places the plates next to me on the counter as I turn off the stove. I place the pancakes on the plates, making sure to put his down more aggressively. This makes him chuckle, but I ignore it. He then grabs his plate and takes a seat at the island. I place the dirty dishes in a pile in the sink and also take a seat at the island with my plate.

I notice that he has put an obscene amount of syrup on his pancakes, for some reason this only causes me to become more angry. He eats like a child!

"Could you use anymore syrup?" I ask under my breath.

My body begins to hum like it had that night in the car. I'm not frightened by it like I had been before. I notice that I enjoy this warm, vibration pulsing through my body because of how powerful it's making me feel. I close my eyes and allow myself to get lost in the sensations. 

"Violet?" I faintly hear Xavier's worried voice, but I don't care.

As I begin to feel more relaxed and less angry I notice that the humming subsides. I open my eyes to find that Xavier had his arms on both my shoulders and worry in his eyes.

"What the hell, Violet?"

-------------------------------------

I'm back! What'd you think about Violet enjoying this mysterious "hum"??? Cray cray!

WC: 916

~ Megan