Chapter Three

It's really cold in here.

I'm on my couch, wrapped in a blanket, waiting for a text from Lucy. I can't wait to hear how her day with her mom went and to tell her about mine and Xavier's possible future "date".

My phone chimes and I grab it faster than anyone should ever be able to grab a phone. I'm first disappointed, and then excited, to see that it's a text from Xavier and not from Lucy. A huge, probably crazy looking, smile slide across my face. I decide to not open it for at least three minutes to not look too desperate.

The next three minutes are some of the longest minutes of my life. Once they're  up, I unlock my phone quicker than lightening and pulled open the text message.

Hey kitten

The two simple words send my heart racing. That's the second time he's called me kitten, and I can't get enough of it. I smile and go to reply.

Hey

Hey? That's all you got Violet? I thought you were better than this. I immediately regret my message. Why can't I be as charming and confident as Lucy when it comes to the opposite sex?

Xavier surprises me by responding within a minute. I giggle, picturing him sitting next to his phone waiting for my reply.

I'm still so confused on why Xavier affects me like he does. When I first met him I had everything under control. It was normal me during that first conversation in the elevator, very calm and collected. As time passes I'm becoming more of a mess by just the thought of him.

I find myself sighing at how true that thought is. I'm finding myself being slowly unraveled by Xavier Owens. Many thought it wasn't possible to throw this uptight girl off of her ball, but they're being proven wrong.

Coming out of my thoughts, I quickly open Xavier's new text to me.

What are you up to tonight?

I check the clock on the wall above my TV to see it's only six o'clock in the evening. I then look down at what I'm wearing and realize how much of a home body I am. I'm wearing pajamas, for goodness sake, and it isn't even that late.

Nothing. What about you?

I bite my nails as I wait for a response. I wonder what Xavier has planned. I bet he's going out, he seems like a guy that stays out late with people. Who ever he's going out with tonight is extremely lucky. I get lost so deep in my thoughts, that when my phone chimes again, I jump.

That's why I'm messaging you. I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me?

I immediately throw across the room and jump up off of the couch.

Yeah, I would. I live on 51 Arch Street. What time should I be ready?

Now.

I rush up stairs and throw on my nicest jeans and shirt. I head to the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth. I look at my reflection in the mirror and realize that I don;t have anytime to do my makeup. Oh well. My hair though, gets thrown up in a messy bun. I hear a car honk outside my house, "Gosh, he got here fast," I whisper to myself.

Once I'm finally happy with my appearance, I run down stairs. I grab my purse and keys before heading outside. As soon as I step outside Xavier honks the horn at me. I laugh, but put a finger over my lips to tell him to be quiet.

"You got here way too fast," I say, as I slip into the passenger seat.

I take a look around the interior of his sleek, black mustang. The car smells of Xavier so much that I can't keep from breathing deeper to get a better smell. The leather finish and the glossy, high-tech center console make the car look extremely expensive. I had no idea Xavier had this type of money to spend on cars.