Chapter 5: Pandemonium

*Once again, thanks to everyone who's been reading and reviewing the story so far! Hope you enjoy Chapter 5, which is currently the longest chapter so far.

When Lucario reentered the Training Hall, the Furious Five were busy practicing their own respective skills. Crane and Tigress sparred with one other atop the Jade Tortoise of Wisdom, Monkey hopped from one Seven-Talon Ring to another using his tail, Mantis expertly dashed through the Gauntlet of Wooden Warriors, and Viper, last, but not least, slithered along the Field of Fiery Death without much difficulty.

Their performance, while somewhat inferior to his own abilities, was undoubtedly impressive. It showed that all five of them were, in fact, masters of kung fu.

Shifu took notice of the Aura Pokémon as he walked in. He noticed that his general demeanor was more relaxed than before.

"I assume that your talk with Master Oogway went well?"

Lucario regarded the red panda with a small, yet nonetheless genuine grin.

"Yes. He helped me acknowledge the more... positive aspects of my arrival here." He replied. "And that I should let go of what happened in the past... for the sake of forging a better future in this world, more or less."

Shifu nodded in understanding. Part of him knew that Oogway said more than just that, but he didn't make a big deal out of it. The tortoise had always been secretive about many subjects, particularly his own past.

"Good to know. Hopefully that advice is enough to put your mind and heart at ease, Lucario. Believe me, I do sympathize with what you've had to go through. I probably would have had the same reaction if I were in your shoes..."

"I appreciate that, Master Shifu, but I'd still like to apologize for my prior callousness. That wasn't fair to Tigress and the others."

"Well, then don't tell me. Tell them yourself."

The red panda snapped his fingers, signaling for the Five to stop their training and line up in front of them. They all looked upon Lucario with concern.

The Fighting/Steel-type closed his eyes and signed in response.

"I'm sorry for brushing you off earlier, everyone. I know that you were just trying to help me."

Tigress shook her head. "You have no need to apologize. You were resurrected in a world that, I assume, is far different from yours, Lucario. I can understand how much pain and confusion you must be going through..."

She then narrowed her eyes and fiercely glared at him.

"But that doesn't mean you have to go through it alone! You can belong here, at the Jade Palace, and protect everyone living in the Valley of Peace, just like you did at the Bao Gu Orphanage and the tree you mentioned sacrificing yourself to protect."

Lucario slightly recoiled at her reference to the past.

"We've all seen you fight, Lucario. You can use your abilities to help us and other people. Whether you become the Dragon Warrior or not, I know, for a fact, that you're a person that all of China can rely on." Tigress assured him in an almost pleading tone. "Your story doesn't have to end with what happened in the past. I mean, just look at me, for example. I used to be an orphan that no one wanted, yet... here I am now. I'm Master Tigress of the Furious Five and I'm proud of the person I am today."

Tigress pointed at him with her lips twitched into that of a small smirk.

"You just need to feel the same way about yourself, Lucario."

The South China tiger's words were a direct mirror of what Oogway said to him mere moments ago. He had a chance to choose how his life would progress from now on. He didn't need to be shackled by memories of Sir Aaron and his noble sacrifice.