Chapter 7: Worth the Weight

*Thanks to everyone who reviewed Chapter 6 so far. Hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

Lucario just barely managed to clean up Po's body before they left the Training Hall together. The panda was reluctant to leave at first, but eventually, he dragged himself off the ground and walked beside the Aura Pokémon.

He awkwardly cleared his throat as they attempted to catch up with the others.

"Thanks for helping me out back there..."

"Someone had to. It wouldn't be right to leave the Dragon Warrior in such a sorry state."

"Yeah. Guess you're right."

Lucario glanced over at him. He could tell that the Dragon Warrior title made Po feel a bit uncomfortable. "You still don't think you're deserving of that role, do you?"

"I mean, can you blame me?" He groaned in frustration. "You've seen how Master Shifu and the Furious Five looked at me. They all think I'm some kind of big joke the universe played on them."

The Steel/Fighting-type thought the use of the word, big, in that sentence was a little ironic, considering Po's size.

"Well, I wouldn't say they all do..."

Somewhere close by, they saw the Five walk up the stairs leading to the student barracks. It was a relatively small, minimalistic building located off to the side of the Jade Palace. It contained multiple different rooms and a kitchen inside.

Lucario yanked Po behind a rock, so he wouldn't be seen or heard right away.

"There's no words."

"No denying that."

"I just don't understand what Master Oogway was thinking. Lucario comes from the Spirit Realm and a random panda is who he decides to pick instead? The poor guy's just going to get himself killed!" Viper proclaimed in concern.

"But Viper, can't you tell? He is so mighty! The Dragon Warrior falling out of the sky like a ball of blue fire!" said Crane as he sarcastically flapped his wings about.

"When he walks, the very ground shakes!" Mantis chuckled.

Tigress brushed past them as she glared down at the floor. She really wasn't in the mood for joking around, even more so than usual.

"One would think Master Oogway would choose someone who actually knew kung fu."

Crane snorted. "Yeah, or could at least touch his toes."

"Or even see his toes." Monkey muttered. Everyone, apart from Tigress, then laughed at this joke as they collectively entered the barracks one single group.

Once they were gone, Lucario parted from their hiding place and sighed. "They still haven't listened to a word I've said. I'm sorry you had to hear that—"

He turned around to see Po trying and failing to look down at his own two feet. Looking over his stomach led to the panda falling flat on his face.

"Ow."

The Aura Pokémon rolled his eyes and gently stood him back up. Po sheepishly scratched the back of his head, looking even more embarrassed than before.

"Thanks... again."

"Look, don't let their jokes get to you, Po. They're just frustrated that neither of them were chosen to become the Dragon Warrior. They've been training their entire lives to achieve that very title, after all." Lucario kindly assured him. "In time, they'll come to accept you. I'm sure of it."