Part 3

A/N sorry I'm late on posting again, this chapter, as you can see, was supposed to be posted on the 20th of this month. Opps. Anyway, just know that this chapter is set on March 20th and not on the 22nd.

March, 20th

The drive to Malibu was a long one, with the nonstop traffic and road construction. Natasha barley got a chance to breath, let alone one to relish in the news her and Steve had gotten just a mere two hours ago.

Steve and Natasha were on their way to Sarah and Howard's Malibu vacation house when they had gotten the call. Despite the news, Natasha found herself thinking about the dinner she had with her mother a few weeks ago.

"Love?" Steve called her attention, his hand squeezing hers

Natasha's head snapped in his direction and she hummed in question. Steve smiled, nodding to the large house in front of them "we're here."

Natasha followed his motioned and looked at the large beach house, a smile coming to her lips.

The vacation home looked starkly different than what she remembered. The house had been freshly painted a few weeks ago and was now a bright white color. The large pained windows, so clean it looked like there was no glass at all, and the wooden porch was newly replaced.

A far cry from the house that was slowly falling apart, and hardly ever visited.

Steve opened the car door, lending his hand out to her. Natasha smiled taking the extended hand and stepping out of the car.

"Remind me again, who's all here?" Natasha asked as they began to walk towards the large patio, the screen door left opened and leaving only the white wooden door closed

"Uh, ma', dad, Howard, Tony, Pepper." He paused to think for a minute before he shrugged "I think that's it."

Natasha smiled, Tony had met Pepper a year ago now. He didn't recognize her at first, and it took Steve coming to his office and throwing hints around to jog his memory.

It was then Tony understood why Pepper didn't like him. Poor Pepper was the girl him and Steve began to bully after Natasha went to 'The Red Room'. And here Tony thought Pepper disliked him because he was a terrible boss, which the strawberry blonde denied.

Let's just say, when Tony found out he gave Pepper a long speech on why she should've told him. Her simple reply was, 'I didn't want you to hire me out of pity.' To which his only reply to that was 'I don't do pity...it's pitiful.'

Pepper had let out a chuckle and they've been together ever since.

"Well would you look at who finally decided to show up, Red and ol' capsicle." Tony mocked as the couple walked into the room and he stood up from his spot at the couch

Steve rolled his eyes "we're only two minutes late." He noted

Tony waved him off, and the brothers shared a chuckle as they embraced each other in a 'bro hug'.

"Steve, you're late." Sarah walked into the room, Howard close behind her with a stupid grin on his face.

Steve sighed and wrapped his arms around his mother's small frame "I know, ma'. I'm sorry."

"Well, you're here now and that's all that matters." She smiled

"Where's Joseph?" Natasha asked, looking around the living room and not finding a trace of the older man