The Arrivals Part 1:Encounters

Vic had to admit, the food selection of the place was impressive.

Despite the non-existence of the countries of origin on Remnant's shores, food items such as burgers, pasta and Pizza could be found amidst the selection for items for the students' sustenance, not to mention other ethnic cuisines probably meant to represent similar dishes made in the other Three Kingdoms that the man had just found out about. Other than those, there were varied veggies that resembled the exact types they had at home, including that one Asian type of cabbage, plus Brussel Sprouts, weirdly enough. They were even called Brussel Sprouts.

The Romanian soldier examined the one on his fork, murmuring, "How the fuck do you call them after a city that doesn't goddamn exist on this planet...?" before eating it. It tasted just about as bad as he remembered from back home, but at least the takoyaki he had next to them helped wash them down, not to mention the strange Pepsi knockoff on the menu. He looked to the girls, listening to them chat as he took a sip.

"... So we might be headed out to the Port to see the arriving students, since the Vytal Festival is fairly close by," Ruby chuckled as she and her team ate their food. She looked over to Vic as she took a bite out of what seemed to be a hamburger and asked him with her mouth fool, "You wawa wom wih ush?" causing the Romanian to blink. Sure, he spoke English pretty well, but the mouth being full with food? He pointed at his mouth and Ruby smiled awkwardly, then chewed quickly and swallowed, letting out a breath before turning to Vic again and asking, "You wanna tag along with us to the Port?"

"I don't think I've got anything planned for today, seeing as I, my sis and a friend were taken off the roster, so, alright," He replied calmly, then sipped from his soda and took another bite of the takoyaki. The four nodded, smiles on their faces, then turned back to eating. Meanwhile, he chewed his own food, swallowed, then radioed, "Sarge, be advised. Team RWBY requested I provide security as they go into town..."

"Get me something nice from down there, Corporal. Take care," Diana sounded almost like she was enjoying the idea. He sighed, squelching the thought and continuing to eat without a word exchanged between him and the girls. He felt a little awkward, to be honest, not saying anything to them, but he figured he might as well have enjoyed the meal in a relative peace, if not quiet.

Well, peace that was to be broken. He felt a hand land on his shoulder and looked up, to see a woman with a beret, sunglasses, gradient hair that went from brown to a bright orange hue at the tips of her bangs, quite the looks and a very weird outfit. A sweater, what looked to be a corset, a massive, heavy-looking hard-cased purse, black jeans, shoes and all. She pulled her glasses to the bridge of her nose and let out a "Hm..." as she scrutinized him. "Hm, hm, hm, hm hmmm..." She said again, then smirked, "You the guy who drove Cardin and his posse off?"

"... Huh?" The man blinked.

The girl tilted her head toward their table, wearing a 'know-it-all' kind of grin Surprisingly, though, it wasn't an irritating one, rather just a calm, friendly banter-ready smile. Vic traced the direction she'd pointed it with his finger, then looked toward the table. Three figures were sat there:A tall man of Asian descent, bulky and armed with a rather hilariously large sword on the left, a spindly, shorter guy with milky white eyes, dark skin and red hair, armed with blade gauntlets on the right and a very shy-looking, but familiar bunny girl in the middle, her ears droopy.

The girl quipped, "You saved Velvet over there in the middle from a bunch of first-year dumbasses who don't know better than to pick on the meek and mighty Faunus students of Beacon," as she sat down in the unoccupied seat in front of him. She then extended a hand toward him and said, "I'm Coco. Coco Adel. Heard we got new security staff in Beacon, but I didn't expect a guy quite like you in here."