The Arrivals Part 2:Home

"Vic...?" Paul, the man clad in a strange uniform with a blue, white and red flag patch on his shoulder paused. He scanned the boy from head to toe, noting some of the chemical burn scars on his neck and and the tired smile of the young man. He also noticed the four girls behind him, all of whom seemed surprised to see another person in modern military kit. He'd ask about them in a sec, though, focusing on Vic and taking his mask off.

"Holy shit, dude..." Vic commented, then walked up to him and smiled brightly, much to the surprise of his newfound friends. He told him, "Heh. Didn't expect to see you in a Froggy uniform, considering what your reactions to them are usually like," and he pointed at the Foreign Legion badge on his right shoulder, plus the FAMAS on his back. It was truly a sight to behold, considering the nationalism of the Hungarian.

"Had to get into Russia somehow and our shitboot of a prime minister wouldn't support the UN's Task Force going in," Paul commented, then sighed deeply as he said, "Probably still hoped the rumors of the Ruski Prez's suicide weren't true..." only to pause as he saw more of the marks of battle. He told him, "God damn, brother, look at you. You look worse for wear..."

"Heh. You're one to talk, you Hungol jackass," Vic grinned and pointed at his buddy's face, "You look like you got whipped across the face by metal chains multiple times."

"I'm still the more handsome out of the two of us, Gypsy Boy," Paul shot back, poking the Romanian on the forehead and garnering a laugh out of him, much to the confusion and surprise of team RWBY. Wasn't 'Gypsy' a sort of ethnic slur for nomads, all four girls thought. They probably used it more as a nickname, considering soldiers were strange like that to normal people.

"In your dreams," Vic shot back, then lifted his hand. Paul grabbed it and the two... Well, they didn't 'shake' hands per se, but they did butt helmets with a strange amount of joviality behind giving each-other a concussion. Yang and Blake honestly almost couldn't help themselves, smiling at the interaction, while Weiss herself seemed a bit surprised at the lack of professionalism being exhibited. Yes, soldiers were still humans, but...

"Ehm... Victor?" Ruby was the most confused out of the lot, however, surprised by the sheer fact that another of Victor's teammates had dropped in. Much more, that said teammate was from another nationality. The two looked to the girl for a moment, with Paul's eyes slightly widening. He saw Blake, who soon noticed him, too, blushing as she stared at the French Hungarian.

"Oh, right, shit," Vic clapped his hands together, then stated, "Suppose it's only natural we do introductions now, then," and he threw his arm over Paul's shoulder, starting, "Paul, these four are team RWBY, students at Beacon. Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao-Long..." As the three others greeted calmly. He stopped at the entranced Blake, whose face was red, then asked her warily, "You okay, Blake?"

"Huh? Uh. Yes," Blake replied, blushing healthily. The rest of her team and Vic had probably noticed it ahead of her and Paul, who seemed all the more oblivious to it, but Blake probably had a crush. It was kind of funny to think of the fact black-haired, auburn-eyed girl in front of them had a kind of crush on a guy from another planet, like Paul. Then again, Yang was one to think that way, considering her own view on Vic.

"Bonjour, I guess..." Paul greeted kindly in French, smiling. Blake visibly shivered at that, approving the language change, while her comrades seemed a little confused at the accent and word. Hungarian accents apparently matched French decently enough that it got Blakey into a bit of a momentary fugue. Vic snorted at the sight, however, ensuring he kept his face hidden.

"Girls, this is one of my best pals from KFOR," Vic spoke as he patted Paul on the shoulder, then crossed his arms to his chest with a smile. Truth be told, Paul was one of a dozen 'best pals. They'd always said to themselves you can have a group of Best Friends, people one would share what was closer than a blood bond with some times. Blood of the Covenant being sweeter than the water of the womb and all that.