Soldati

Ruby hummed a happy tune as she held onto the item they needed to understand Victor and his friends:A small memory card from a camera of some kind. She slid it into one of her pouches, then walked out. It'd taken her a couple days to find what she wanted, but learning the guys' patrol patterns really helped. Finding the one spot when nobody was home had been a lil' awkward, but, hey, she did it.

As she was walking out through the campus on a free day, though, the girl paused, hearing a chorus of voices somehow managing to mask the sound of the revving engine of their truck. She turned around and smiled as she saw them rolling back into Beacon, singing some sort of rock song from their world. Vic was still manning the fifty as he banged his head to the tune, laughing heartily. She also saw the truck was chock-full of people, too, which was honestly kinda heartwarming.

Hiding the thing she got in one of her pouches, she utilized her Semblance to dash over toward them, landing on top of the truck and surprising Vic. The Romanian gunner laughed, stating, "And there's that weird-ass Soul Superpower you were telling us about. How ya doin', Ruby?" with a smile. Ruby beamed back, seeing Vic so happy, while the other troops poked their heads out from the windows and gave waves.

"Heh. Heya, Vic!" Ruby smiled as she knelt beside him, the vehicle still rolling. She stated happily, "Glad to see you and the gang are doing better," then noticed several dozen new faces milling about inside the Vehicle. She blinked and chuckled, then stated, "Gathered a few more new folks, I see?" while making sure the data storage device didn't fall out of her pocket.

"Yup. Several old buddies of ours, plus one Buddy's platoon," Vic smirked as he stepped slightly to the side, to let the guys wave to Rubes. Meanwhile, he added, "Be careful with them, though, they're dumbasses," which got him a few light punches to the thighs and legs and the laughter of the Marines and the Rangers. He grinned proudly at that, leaning against the side of the turret. Ruby giggled, too.

She leaned down and waved to the group of hardy-looking men and the two new girls, then yelled out, "Nice to meet'cha, folks! I'm Ruby, one of Vic's new friends!" which caused them to turn to face her. Several smiled as they looked up at the young Romanian, while Vicky leaned back and laughed and Sergeant Diana still drove the truck, though more gently.

"Nice to meet you, Ruby!" The men then greeted in a chorus, while the girls let out laughs, though one of them, a red-haired one with a fringe covering her left eye, seemed to be laughing silently. Her head seemed to turn almost in a flash, deep blue eyes suddenly staring into Ruby's own silver ones. She was a bit surprised, she'd admit, but that was normal, considering everything. The Marines, however, kept calling out in friendly greetings.

"Hey, guys, play nice," Vic quickly quietened them down, while the seeming familiar face among them showed his fellow Marines to keep quiet. He told them, "She's a nice kid," then hummed as he looked back up at her and saw her pouting. Ignoring that, he asked with a straight face and calm gaze, "What're you doing up and about, though? Isn't today a school day?"

"Well, yeah, but the teachers gave us a day off," Ruby shrugged, "Big meeting or something."

"Huh. Good for ya," Vic nodded approvingly, well aware of how enjoyable such a day would normally be. Though, then again, maybe they had a different meaning to 'free days', considering the fact he and Vicky were both raised in an orphanage. Regardless, he asked, "You and the girls planning on heading out somewhere, or is it just lounging around being lazy today?"

"Just usual lazy, hehe," The girl scratched her cheek with one finger, smiling awkwardly. She then asked, "You folks?"

"Gotta catch up with the team and set up patrols for the folks here-" Vic spoke, then got cut off as the redhead poked past him, lifting what seemed to be a glass tupperware container of some kind and causing the Romanian to call out, "Woah! Saila!" as she pushed past him. The others snorted, while Vic rolled his eyes and pushed himself as far into the side of the turret as he could.