RAID

Diana had received their first 'Order' out of Ozpin's mouth. They had to earn their keep, meaning they didn't just run security for Beacon, but combat missions as well. The Warhound moved down the high-speed viaduct of the city toward a supposed 'White Fang' base of operations. The White Fang, they'd quickly learned, were hostile elements, a former civil rights organization turned overnight terrorists and armed to the teeth.

'Overnight' was a bit of an over-statement. After a change in leadership some years ago, the White Fang had become increasingly violent in the ways they protested the injustices faced by their people, the Faunus, humans with animal traits like cat ears, tails and the likes. So, Diana had taken it upon herself to take a smaller group of soldiers from her squad, Victor, Paul and Paula included, to the AO.

The surprised faces civilians had when watching a multi-ton armored MRAP armed with a 12,7mm machine gun rolling by them while blasting AC/DC were priceless, honestly, especially when the entire six-man team was belting out 'Back in Black' as they tapped their weapons with their hands, Victor manning the Fifty and ready to swing it 'round at a moment's notice. He gave a wave to some of the civilians in a car to their left, smiling behind his balaclava.

The kid inside was having a fucking blast, Diana thought as she saw the young man wave back, cradling what looked to be a nice, big action figure of some kind, probably his favorite toy. She gripped the driver's wheel with a smile, dancing to the beat and singing, "Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back! Well, I'm Back! Yes, I'm back! Well, I'm ba-ha-ha-hack! Ba-ha-ha-hack! Well, I'm back in black, yeah! I'm back in black!"

Paul and Paula also moved to the beat, the latter grinning happily as she saw Vicky basically do a whole guitar number on her PSL, which was thankfully on Safe. Even with the hell that had been Russia, the female twin didn't lose her will to have fun. And going by the fact Vic was ever-so-lightly banging his head and tapping his foot in the turret, he wasn't doing awful either.

"Refreshing to see them this happy..." Paula smiled as she watched it. Yes, there were hints that he wasn't all there or all that happy, really, but Vic was still himself to a degree. He was still a friendly guy, still the joker they remembered, but still awkward as all hell. He was also especially dense for not noticing team RWBY's blondie watching him so intently, but that was just par for the course for him.

"It's good to know Vic's doing alright," Paul replied, then told her, "Was worried he'd be too down in the dumps," while completely and totally aware of how he would be if they found his childhood friend, Katja, like that. The Pole hadn't dropped in yet and some part of him was hoping, much like Vic, that Kat would never drop in, considering that meant she had died. Right now, though...

"Yeah... Doesn't necessarily mean he isn't, just that he knows how to enjoy himself with us. We did see him watching his old GoPro footage, after all..." His sister stated rather bluntly.

"He's a very good faker if that's what he's doing," The Hungarian man quipped as he looked over his Minimi. The shorter barrel would allow him to bring it into close quarters, but that didn't mean shit when it was so hard to lift. Vic had, however, done something for them that felt like it had provided a genuinely substantial boost to them. He awoke their 'Aura', that soul-shield thing team RWBY had told him about. The two looked over to see Diana speaking on her Scroll to Ozpin.

"Heh. Yeah," His twin continued, feeling the weight of said Aura on her soul. A bulletproof vest made out of one's own soulstuff that, with enough training, they could control. It'd be fun to experiment with it, she thought as she checked her own rifle. The group looked forward, however, when Diana started snapping her fingers to get their attention, which meant the briefing was coming.