CH.7 THE SURVEY CORPS

Eren looked in slight awe at the new location for the Survey Corps. The castle was pretty dirty but it was huge. He got off of his horse and tied the rope to the post so the horse wouldn't run off. He looked over to see Petra and Oluo bickering about biting tongues and pretending to be Levi. He also saw Eld and Gunther walking towards the castle. Eren wasn't really focused on that though. He was more focused on the fact that these guys, or Levi's squad. They were the best of the best and chosen by Levi himself, and were also the ones who could kill him if he ever goes on a rampage. But there was also...

Eren looked over to see, a wagon pulling forward driven by some garrison as they stopped, the wagon shifted side to side as large figure steps out, with a 'sword' at hand. The man know as Guts or the black swordsman as he was publicly know, stood tall decked out with his armor and black cloak dark as the midnight sky

"He wields that thing like it was nothing," Eren heard Eld remark. Seeing him stow his sword away.

Eren glanced back at guts before turning away. He really is not sure how to feel about him at all. Guts being from another world makes him strange, but almost everyone else considered him a titan as well, even if he was born human. But it wasn't even Eren's fault that he was like this. Every time he tried to remember, he would end up having a huge headache. At the worst, he would pass out.

It seem crude of him to be like this but, he was a little unsure.

~*~*~

DAYS PRIOR, TRIAL

"Black swordsman , you will be handed over to the Survey Corps," Zackley declared.

"Understood." Guts said. As Zackley was addressing the rest of the court, he made his way to his gear. The MP's were on guard as were the jury, but guts walks past the MP's not really bothered by them. As he began to put his armor on, working his iron hand, strapped on his gear and drape his black cloak on. the court slightly grew nervous seeing the intimating man turn to a terrifying visage now were his armors

Eren widened his eyes as guts walked over to him, causing everyone to whisper in confusion. Eren looked over to see guts pull the metal rod that held him down. Eren didn't realize how weak he felt after Levi beat him up. He almost fell over, but guts caught him before he hit the floor.

"Can you walk?" guts asked. Eren was about to answer, but he winced in pain. guts then carefully held up Eren up to his feet. "Hey, what are you doing?" the merchant demanded, "Why are you helping that monster?"

"As far as im concerned, he's not a threat. He cant serve humanity if he's not treated." guts calmly told him.

Eren widened his eyes in shock. Why was he helping him? They didn't know each other, yet he was helping him. Who was this guy?

PRESENT

Eren wasn't really sure if he could trust him. No matter how many lives he saved, he really wasn't sure. Eren looked back at Guts, only to find him looking at him, his one eye boring at him. Eren quickly turned around in embarrassment before guts could notice.

Guts quirked an eyebrow as he noticed Eren turning away. He mentally sighed. Knowing from past experiences, it would take a while for them to trust him, especially ones in the military since they were more cautious. But he noticed that everyone was high-strung and on alert, even if they didn't act like it.

Looks like it was back to square one. "Look at all the weeds," Eld observed, "What a mess,"

"It hasn't been used for years," Gunther reminded, "Inside is probably covered in dust."