ch. 30

Louise

The boys are back for a break and I managed to clear my schedule for the week.

"You got any plans?" Dan says as I hand him his tea.

He arrived in his home late last night but I didn't want to bother him so I was surprised to see him standing by my door in the morning.

"Plans? For today?" I ask sheepishly.

"For the week. I'm here all week."

"I know, Danny. I just assumed you would want to relax."

"And what better way than going on a vacation with my girlfriend?"

"A vacation? You are constantly on the road! Why don't you stay home?"

"You don't wanna go anywhere with me? Is that it?"

"Danny! Of course I do. I'd love to."

"Then let's go!"

"Now? Can I at least finish my breakfast first?" I ask with a cheeky grin.

"Sure. But hurry." He replies sarcastically.

"So where are we going?" I ask as I'm putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

"The Bahamas."

"Wow. Okay. Wow, ummm, let's check for flights then."

"Flight's booked. Hotel too."

"Danny!" I cry out.

"Surprise!" He cheers.

"You know damn well I don't like it when you're paying for everything." I say while slowly walking up to him.

"I believe what you wanted to say was how excited you are and what an amazing boyfriend I am."

"Yes. That too." I agree as I wrap my arms around his waist.

"I love you." He utters, looking down at me.

"I love you, Daniel!"

I take his face in both my hands and place kisses all over it. He smiles and is about to lift me up and carry me to the bedroom when key rustling ruins the moment.

"Emily?" I call out catiously.

"Who did you think it was, Santa Claus? Oops! Oh, hey Danny!"

"Morning." He grins, while I'm still straddling his hips.

"Don't mind me. I'm just picking up some boxes." Emily waved while heading towards the guest bedroom.

I quickly get off Dan and off the couch and watch Emily disappear.

From the corner of my eyes I see Danny grinning and stretching out his arms in an attempt to draw me on his lap again.

"Not when my sister's here!"

"She seems okay with it."

"But I'm not." I say and free myself from his grip.

I walk off, not sticking around to see the disappointment that has taken over Danny's face.

"Em, can we talk?"

"Now? I'm in a hurry."

"No, not now. But at some point. Soon."

She looks up and locks eyes with me. She's immediately able to tell something's wrong so she agrees to stop by later.

"When are you leaving?" I hear her ask Danny as soon as she reemerges.